• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Good away end.

Rog H K

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes, that's the one I like.
Certainly goes down well in our household. I like the bit where Rob Edwards runs the length of the pitch, turns Mansell inside out beating him twice before rolling the ball back for Harley.

What a great day that was.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
.....had you been able to buy them on the day, it would have sold out - we're talking about a couple of hundred tickets at the most.

Really......comparing attendances (when yours are sh*t for a city club in L1) someone once said "is only for the insane or penically challenged"

I'm sure you're quite sound of mind.......so you have my sympathy friend....its not the size of the boat - it's the motion in the ocean;)
Don't get precious Justin, I was merely speculating on why you may think it is that you couldn't pre-sell, what, 2,800 tickets for a local derby (even when many were snapped up by Arg*le). Is it the prices? You play decent football, had some cracking results, there's normally always goals involved, so where are you all?

(I heard it's the prices)

jmgull

Don't get precious Justin, I was merely speculating on why you may think it is that you couldn't pre-sell, what, 2,800 tickets for a local derby (even when many were snapped up by Arg*le). Is it the prices? You play decent football, had some cracking results, there's normally always goals involved, so where are you all?

(I heard it's the prices)
:D Precious....me?

David......I actually think gates have held up alright this season (I'd guess we're av. 2500 or so?) when you consider the lows of the summer, losing at OT, Buckle and key players leaving, the lack of the grandstand, meaning there is only seats behind the goal and of course, the general financial picture in the bay.

I thought that the argyle game would sell out easily and early, I suppose their woes meant that perhaps the game was less attractive than normal to the occasional fan.

It all boils down to the fact that historically we dont get 3-3.5k home fans in, unless we're in the top 4 or so despite the fact that over the last 2 or 3 years, football at Plainmoor has been particularly entertaining to watch.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I thought that the argyle game would sell out easily and early, I suppose their woes meant that perhaps the game was less attractive than normal to the occasional fan.
Significant point alert.