• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hamilton on pole

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
And there was me thinking that this thread was going to be an considered and interesting discourse on the life and works of Vlad the Impaler! :(

Bleddy boring car racing!

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
So what happened - did he put his petrol in and change his tyres a bit quicker than the other guy and thus win the procession?

On a more serious note, and it's a genuine point, but with all those ridiculous fins, split wings, mini wings, barge boards and bits stuck all over the cars, aren't they now the ugliest F1 cars that there's ever been? I know why they're there, but they don't half spoil the beautiful clean lines of previous generations. It seems Williams and McLaren are the most guilty of putting out a car that surely only the designer could love.
Twas a rubbish race put at least the red cars and the moaning spaniard didn't win.

I'd be surprised if they gave a rats about how the thing looks as long as it gets the right results!

But from next year iirc they are banning all the little winglets and things as well as reducing the size of the front and rear wings. Should make it a bit more interesting.

Brian Moore

I saw the end of this "race" and the commentators were saying it wasnt the most intersting GP they had seen - how fecking boring must it have been?

Lager Lout

Well-known Exeweb poster
The race was like watching paint dry. Only one 'overtaking' move of note was when Massa 'passed' Kimi for second place.

But when you are fined/penalised for pretty much any overtaking/defensive move unless you drive a Ferrari, its no wonder that there was so little action on Sunday.

LL