• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hawker out?

milts

I'm starting to think Caldwell is not the only issue here.

The head in the sand attitude evident in the Hawker interview is incredible.

Huge concerns at the direction our club is taking. Hawker genuinely seems quite content with the thought of relegation.

The whole situation is ridiculous and his interview is laughable.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Re-elected top of the poll in the recent Trust Board election

Just saying

milts

I wonder whether he would be if the elections were today....

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Re-elected top of the poll in the recent Trust Board election

Just saying
Yep, that vote is significant. I don't believe a majority of fans see the Club Chairman as the issue.

LDNGrecian

🥱

Honestly the trust board cannot win.
No comms and it’s criticism for being silent.
Release an 18 min interview with the chair and saying they are giving unprecedented money to spend to stay up in league one - criticised for not caring if we get relegated.

milts

Anyone can waffle on for 18 minutes - I'm still none the wiser as to why Caldwell is still in the job, other than because he is honest and hardworking.

What have I missed?

milts

At the start of the interview Scott asks the very direct question as to why the board are continuing to back Caldwell.

Hawker talks about honesty and integrity but does not answer the question.

We are none the wiser as to why the club are actually backing the manger from a football perspective. That is what I want to know.

Why are we continuing to back a manager who hasn't overseen a league win for 3 months.

Quite frankly, I couldn't give a toss about Caldwell's honesty and integrity.

LDNGrecian

At the start of the interview Scott asks the very direct question as to why the board are continuing to back Caldwell.

We are none the wiser as to why the club are actually backing the manger from a football perspective. That is what I want to know.

Why are we continuing to back a manager who hasn't overseen a league win for 3 months.

Because they obviously think it’s the best decision going forward. What more do you want?

Don’t take this as me thinking Caldwell is the best man for the job. But would I prefer to use the money it would cost to sack Caldwell to spend on a better striker rather than a new manager? Probably.

Grecianpasty

What's that saying, 'nice guys finish last'?
That kind of sums things up for me.

The club would rather consolidate its reputation as a warm, welcoming, family friendly club than take the necessary action required to be successful in businness. I'm all for diplomacy, but when that fails, an authoritarian approach is required.

The football club comes first, every time.

milts

Because they obviously think it’s the best decision going forward. What more do you want?

Don’t take this as me thinking Caldwell is the best man for the job. But would I prefer to use the money it would cost to sack Caldwell to spend on a better striker rather than a new manager? Probably.
Why do they think?

I wanted him to explain what it is Caldwell offers from a footballing perspective that gives them so much confidence that he will be able to turn things around.