• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Heatwave

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
They say temperatures could reach an unheard of 40 degrees tomorrow. Train lines are buckling, the tarmac's melting and the vulnerable are going to cook whilst queuing in the ambulances outside the hospitals. Well that's what they're saying. Should we be concerned or just man up and crack on with things ? The expats will be sniggering while southern Europe suffers wildfires. What do you reckon ?

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think everyone is cracking on with things. Drink lots of water and try and stay cool. As ever, it's not that warm here in sunny, but breezy Plymouth. That said, there was no breeze on Friday and I walked a marathon so have issues with golfers vasculitis currently. Though my ankles look like they've been petrol bombed.

Antony Moxey

Concerned? It’s been mid-20s at best here in Exmouth today and not set to rise above 29 tomorrow where it’ll then settle back to mid-20s for the rest of the week. Yes, I’m definitely concerned…🙄🙄🙄

Alistair20000

Nice summer evening here in Tedburn. In no way is the weather uncomfortable.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
BBC forecasting 31C/88F top whack for tomorrow (hotter in N. Devon), whereas the Met Office says only 27C/81F.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
You can carry on with things at the same time as taking sensible precautions.

Incidentally, my daughter was born on what for the moment was the hottest day ever in 2019. The heat brought on a whole bunch of premature labour and the ward (a fairly old one with inadequate ventilation) was horrifying.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's been a nice, hot summer day so why are the media making such a song and dance about it ?

The one thing I don't like about it is the smell of singeing grockles.

iscalad

It's been a nice, hot summer day so why are the media making such a song and dance about it ?

I hope you've been saving water so they can loads of drinks and showers.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hope you've been saving water so they can loads of drinks and showers.
I'm sure we all have...

angelic upstart

I think it's warmer elsewhere in the country.