• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

henville

did people hear the rumour that Troy has put in a transfer request,
I feel that he has never quite cemented his place in the side, and maybe is getting a bit upset.As he cost us £50000 would we get our money back.I personally doubt it.
Who told you that then?

The man at the bar before the game?

Boring, boring! |-)

Ian Tarr

Pulled out of the squad this morning, sickness.
He told us it was a bad back.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
He told us it was a bad back.
So he rang in and said "I've got a bad back, so I'll give today a miss"?

Bad back my ass! He's not all that good, on a good day. Did anybody really think that Archibald-Henville was going to BE that good, since Spurs let him go? If they thought he had any future Premier League potential, they wouldnt have released him in the first place.

He was off-loaded to us (hopefully on a free) and he's proven one thing; its open to debate whether he's good enough for League One, let alone the Premiership. I dont rate him at all.

milts

And how many times u seen him play? Serious question.

dommers

He was off-loaded to us (hopefully on a free) and he's proven one thing; its open to debate whether he's good enough for League One, let alone the Premiership.
And there was I thinking we needed to make sure all the players we signed should be able to play in Premiership now!

InTheBigBank

Resigned
So he rang in and said "I've got a bad back, so I'll give today a miss"?

Bad back my ass! He's not all that good, on a good day. Did anybody really think that Archibald-Henville was going to BE that good, since Spurs let him go? If they thought he had any future Premier League potential, they wouldnt have released him in the first place.

He was off-loaded to us (hopefully on a free) and he's proven one thing; its open to debate whether he's good enough for League One, let alone the Premiership. I dont rate him at all.
:D

Pete, we're playing in League One not the Prem mate. Should we sack Dunney off because Arsenal didn't think he was good enough for the top flight?

Surely it can only be a good thing to be picking up players that wouldn't quite make the grade in the Premier League but have had top quality development, rather than players from Team Bath and Aldersh*t for example.

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

I dont rate him at all.
Based on what?

STURTZ

:D

Pete, we're playing in League One not the Prem mate. Should we sack Dunney off because Arsenal didn't think he was good enough for the top flight?

Surely it can only be a good thing to be picking up players that wouldn't quite make the grade in the Premier League but have had top quality development, rather than players from Team Bath and Aldersh*t.
I generally agree but not too sure about your choice of teams there. We got Matty from Team Bath and Troy from Spurs, who do you think is the better buy?

There is a point here but can't be asked to work out what it is.

InTheBigBank

Resigned
I generally agree but not too sure about your choice of teams there. We got Matty from Team Bath and Troy from Spurs, who do you think is the better buy?

There is a point here but can't be asked to work out what it is.
Yeah, I see your point.

But what I'm saying is that Tis has had time to develop Matty into a League One standard player, through his time in the Conference and League Two.

I think if we're to establish ourselves in this league we need to buy already developed players, that can slot into our starting 11 straight away.

I really don't think we're going to see Watson, Norwood & Frear etc playing at this level because, IMO Tis obviously doesn't think they're good enough.

arthur

Yeah, I see your point.

But what I'm saying is that Tis has had time to develop Matty into a League One standard player, through his time in the Conference and League Two.

I think if we're to establish ourselves in this league we need to buy already developed players, that can slot into our starting 11 straight away.

I really don't think we're going to see Watson, Norwood & Frear etc playing at this level because, IMO Tis obviously doesn't think they're good enough.
And I agree with yours except that we can't afford more than one or two "already developed players". Occasionally we may unearth and bring forward a lower league non league gem (Taylor), or develop some real talent from the yoof (Moxey, Friend, Sercs), or find an old pro who's still got a lot to offer (Sir Rob, Cureton).

But I still feel the most productive source of developing talent is young premier league cast offs - Troy, Woodards, Dunne - and inevitably some of these will work out better than others.

What worries me is that we're not doing enough of this - we face losing three quality midfielders plus our best defender either now or in the summer and we need to be bringing on their replacements now....