• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Holiday plans...

OmanGrecian

My holiday is growing arms and legs.

off to the Euros next week. Then in July, doing a safari for 4 days on mainland Tanzania, before heading to Zanzibar for 10 days where we will stay in various locations

Bridgy 81

off to the Euros next week. Then in July, doing a safari for 4 days on mainland Tanzania, before heading to Zanzibar for 10 days where we will stay in various locations
We used to travel around a lot in the past.
And as I was in charge of planning the trips I often used to mix it up a bit so we did something new from time to time.
Once we stayed on the coast in Kenya near Mombasa and went on a short safari from there.
From one of our overnight stops, which was just a lodge by an enormous water hole, we could see into Tanzania with Mount Kilimanjaro in the distance.
We enjoyed it but never got around to repeating it as we had other things we wanted to move onto.
You’re doing the right thing by travelling whilst you’re (hopefully) young, healthy and energetic.
We’re both still upright but don’t have the appetite for long distance trips these days, but we’re really thankful we did what we did back in the day.
We’re off to Torquay for a few nights later in the summer 🤣

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sounds similar to a Safari then Bridgy, Alsorts of wildlife in Torquay nowadays. 🙂

Bridgy 81

Sounds similar to a Safari then Bridgy, Alsorts of wildlife in Torquay nowadays. 🙂
Probably true, but considering where we spend the majority of our time very little frightens us!

iscalad

Probably true, but considering where we spend the majority of our time very little frightens us!
What are you expecting to see from a Torquay hotel window?

OmanGrecian

T
We used to travel around a lot in the past.
And as I was in charge of planning the trips I often used to mix it up a bit so we did something new from time to time.
Once we stayed on the coast in Kenya near Mombasa and went on a short safari from there.
From one of our overnight stops, which was just a lodge by an enormous water hole, we could see into Tanzania with Mount Kilimanjaro in the distance.
We enjoyed it but never got around to repeating it as we had other things we wanted to move onto.
You’re doing the right thing by travelling whilst you’re (hopefully) young, healthy and energetic.
We’re both still upright but don’t have the appetite for long distance trips these days, but we’re really thankful we did what we did back in the day.
The original plan was to relax in one place in Zanzibar, but then we started getting itchy feet and wanted to do a safari. As we were flying into the mainland first, we thought why not. I did a safari in Kenya when I was a lot younger, so don't remember much of it.

I turn 40 this year, so not so young anymore, uh oh.

cannockred

Russian politicians falling ??

Bridgy 81

I’m hoping maybe herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically across the plain and if we’re lucky perhaps a glimpse of the Hanging Gardens of Babylon.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I saw this and wonder if they live near Grimsby rather than they go there because it's a great destination?

Attachments

Oldsmobile-88

Also at the crazy golf in Dawlish..Gary the Gorilla & friends are there 😎

A3A5D7BC-959E-4465-978F-F82A52EF5207.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: DB9