• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Home Attendances and Atmosphere

DawlishBouy

Charlton 'sold out' the away end yesterday, yet Pompey brought over a 100 more on their visit. Is it tickets sold or clicks through the turnstile ?
Season ticket holders who don’t come to the match are counted as being in attendance. Anyone who buys a match ticket are only counted if they actually go to the match.

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
That's the equivalent of 2 full coachloads who bought a ticket and didn't turn up. Incredible.

fred binneys head

That's the equivalent of 2 full coachloads who bought a ticket and didn't turn up. Incredible.
Even more for Derby, they sold out and brought fewer than Charlton. And Middlesbrough did.

And I know Derby and Boro were midweek, so maybe people bought tickets to stay on some Platinum list for future tickets or something, but it’s still bizarre.

Oldsmobile-88

Iirc there were about 150 no shows in the away end for the Bolton game.

Jason

Our capacity is weird. The away attendance from charlton was about 1,300 (sell out) but from the bank you could clearly see the terrace barriers in several places. We could easily have fitted another 200 - 300 people in there at least. And I stood on the side of the bank yesterday as I got there later than normal, and there was plenty of space. I reckon we could easily fit 9,000 in SJP, maybe close to 9,500. Why do we stop at just over 8,000?
The Bank appears less full to me for sell outs than 5-10 years ago, though that may be a false perception. Of course no shows could be another valid reason. The picture below, taken during yesterday's match, shows a fair bit of room at the railway track side of the terrace.

I acknowledge also that the safe capacity is the safe capacity, and you can't force an equal distribution of where people choose to stand 🙂

IMG_20240329_164137765_HDR~2.jpg

Grecian Max

The Bank appears less full to me for sell outs than 5-10 years ago, though that may be a false perception. Of course no shows could be another valid reason. The picture below, taken during yesterday's match, shows a fair bit of room at the railway track side of the terrace.

I acknowledge also that the safe capacity is the safe capacity, and you can't force an equal distribution of where people choose to stand 🙂

View attachment 15125
We've come a long way since Sturtz and Co constructed the original Bank!

Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 16.37.17.png

Boyo

View attachment 15126
I note the little bit of terracing in the “triangle”!

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
It took ages for the Big Bank to empty yesterday after the game.
We didn't have to scarper for the train yesterday, it leaving 15 minutes later than usual.

Grecian Max

I note the little bit of terracing in the “triangle”!
Uh oh the debates been raging for longer than I thought 😂

Mid Devon Grecian

View attachment 15126
Didn’t realise Winston Churchill was the Foreman on the job.