• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

huddersfield predication thread

citysfinest

The big powers have silenced me. So much for free
I had a dream last night we won 2-0, drinking all night in the spot and town, woke up this morning expecting to have a hangover then realised it was just a dream. Felt sick knowing we still have to do it on Sat. But i stand by my dream and say 2-0 city. We have the quality, Friend; Sercombe; Harley; both Taylors etc etc and if Fleets get his start with Taylor I think they will run riot.
Am confident and looking forward to a good night out after!

citysfinest

The big powers have silenced me. So much for free
Also yeah, all the top ten teams who havent beaten us, why would this change when there is an even bigger incentive this week. On the pitch, on the pitch, on the pitch...then on the ****

bsmaff

I would like to think since it is a pointless game for Huddersfield seeing they cant get promoted because even if they win, Millwall play Swindon so it is near impossible for them to get automatic, unless they absolutly kick are arse like they did at home.

But I am feeling confident that we deserve abit of the rub of the green after all the draws recently and teams winning unexpectidly. (Gillingham and Tranmere at the weekend).

Exeter will win 2-1, we will go 2-0 up and then defend like school boys for about 30 minutes and concede a really sh*tty tap in from 2 yards, have Huddersfield hit the woodwork on several occasions and a couple of clearences of the line.

Attendance:
Methinks it will be an unexpected Southend game when we went down to the conference and they will tell all the Huddersfield fans to move to the corner and allow more home fans in the away end. So complete sell-out.

But all will be irrelevent when Stockport beat Tranmere 10-0.

Last edited:

greenawayr

City win, 2-0, comfortable ole football for the last 10 minutes!

Huddersfield players more concerned with the playoffs.

Question 1 - will Huddersfield bring a massive following, as they are most likely headed for playoffs, so a long old poke down south might not be viable with 3 more potential matches coming up, in these tough economic times!

Question 2 - Hartlepool, if they are to recieve their points deduction, would they also have the goals they scored in that game taken off their tally, reducing their superior goal difference over us from 5 to 3. Could still make all the difference with them away to Brentford who have already done a job for us this season.

I know this is probably a little far fetched, but a scenario to consider.

selwynfroggat

you played Millwall and Swindon at a time when neither were firing. played Norwich second game on the back of a 7-1 home drubbing. and Leeds and Charlton when both were suffering severe bad runs of form. Out of the top 7 you have only managed to beat 1 at home all the rest been draws, so even based on that you are still relying on Stockport to do you a favour.
Out of the tp 7 no team is coming in a better run of form than us having P9 W7 D1 L1. Scored 20 conceded 9 with 4 clean sheets.

We don't have anything to be nervous about, we can only enhance our positon, if we did lose we still are in the play offs. You guys on the other hand will have visible nerves, that is when we become like dogs that smell fear that feed on the vunerable, ala Stockport, who coincidently you lost to at home.

As i said you do have a half chance if you keep the ball on the deck and go a goal up. Much rather see you guys stay up than Tranmere.

selwynfroggat

City win, 2-0, comfortable ole football for the last 10 minutes!

Huddersfield players more concerned with the playoffs.

Question 1 - will Huddersfield bring a massive following, as they are most likely headed for playoffs, so a long old poke down south might not be viable with 3 more potential matches coming up, in these tough economic times!

Question 2 - Hartlepool, if they are to recieve their points deduction, would they also have the goals they scored in that game taken off their tally, reducing their superior goal difference over us from 5 to 3. Could still make all the difference with them away to Brentford who have already done a job for us this season.

I know this is probably a little far fetched, but a scenario to consider.
Answer to Question 1 is: we will be mobbed handed as we always are, with the sniff of auto, however remote. We will bring near sellout, minimum of 1,000.

Last edited:

greenawayr

you played Millwall and Swindon at a time when neither were firing. played Norwich second game on the back of a 7-1 home drubbing. and Leeds and Charlton when both were suffering severe bad runs of form. Out of the top 7 you have only managed to beat 1 at home all the rest been draws
You mean Leeds, who had just beaten Man United and were on a 19 game unbeaten run or something like that?

And you mean Charlton who subsequently beat Leeds United?

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
Leeds and Charlton when both were suffering severe bad runs of form.
When we played Leeds they had only lost one game all season, to Millwall. We started their bad run of form, rather than play them while they were on it

Ashford Grecian

I predict a jam packed St James Park, as for the score my head is spinning so I gonna pass on this and just try and enjoy the game (if possible!)

SapphireBlue

900 out of 1050 sold at midday today.
Probably half of those will turn up, half-cut at 14.55 to get those plum centre spots.
The other half will still have time for another couple in the Well House. (I know I will)