• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ilmari Niskanen (Welcome)

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maybe he could play as a full back if we wanted to play a 4. Doesn't have the pace, guile or crossing ability to create anything

Reactions: Egg

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
There is a reason why Gary plays him for the full 90
Any idea what it is?!

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Any idea what it is?!
Alas many of our wing backs have their faults - Rankine, Harper, Wildschutt. It's hard to explain why he is so so much better away than at home but then you could probably say the same about the whole team :)

JGrecian23

There does seem to be a contrast between his home and away displays.
I'm sure it's the fans fault with all the vitriol and abuse he gets.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm sure it's the fans fault with all the vitriol and abuse he gets.
Given nobody has suggested he was getting any dogs abuse you best enlighten us .........

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Given nobody has suggested he was getting any dogs abuse you best enlighten us .........
Think that's a woosh for you saint! ;-)

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think that's a woosh for you saint! ;-)
Gone over my head given the comment was from the king of cool Mr JGrecian

yticretexe

This game didn’t matter. I fell for gazball in the first half and thought we looked good and felt overly positive. Tbf we probably just looked how we always do with a lot of the ball at home. No shots on target from open play and we are inept at countering.

Onto the next one. Just need to pick up points against teams in the bottom half and we’ll easily stay up.

Aimson had a good game.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ilmari was poor again tonight. Gave away the ball for that always crucial first goal and then just consistently gave it away. Strange player, I'd give someone else a run instead if him fir now.

AndyR

Ilmari was poor again tonight. Gave away the ball for that always crucial first goal and then just consistently gave it away. Strange player, I'd give someone else a run instead if him fir now.
Agreed. I don't know if anyone else noticed this but after consoling Ilmari for his error which led to the first goal, Aimson and one or two others then seemed to ignore the Finn when there were obvious passes to be made to him. Sometimes Aitchison would go out wide right and get passed to instead. Maybe because after his error Niskanen himself seem to lose the confidence to take the ball down the outside and instead passed it back or headed inside where it was already more crowded. I'd have probably brought on Rankine as his replacement earlier than it happened, although TBF Dion was well shackled too.