• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ilmari Niskanen (Welcome)

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Probably one of the most improved players in the squad. "How tf is this man an international?" was a legitimate question not that long ago
It was a legitimate question for Emile Heskey for his entire career.

iscalad

It was a legitimate question for Emile Heskey for his entire career.
TBF he did score away against Germany.;)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Carlton Palmer?

denzel

TBF he did score away against Germany.;)
Didn't everyone that day?

Boyo

Probably one of the most improved players in the squad. "How tf is this man an international?" was a legitimate question not that long ago
I thought he was excellent when he first arrived and really shone in that Reading game, that we've talked about too much. It seemed to take him a long time to bed himself back-in, after his injury however. I think for someone so reliant on their endurance and stamina, it took him a while to regain those attributes. But he's improved with pretty much every game he has played since his injury.

red1

I thought he was excellent when he first arrived and really shone in that Reading game, that we've talked about too much. It seemed to take him a long time to bed himself back-in, after his injury however. I think for someone so reliant on their endurance and stamina, it took him a while to regain those attributes. But he's improved with pretty much every game he has played since his injury.

red1

Effective(without scoring) on both flanks.
Incredible stamina/workrate. One of the first on teamsheet for me

Bridgy 81

I’ve noticed that we often set up with one attacking wingback and another who’s more defensive.
For example Rankine, Harper or Wildschut being the more progressive options and Niskanen, Purrington or Jules being the more conservative ones.
Obviously that can change within a match as a consequence of circumstances and our requirements.
But I think that starting point gives us a nice balance across the back line and the ability to be adaptable defensively within the formation.
The big things Niskanen has in his favour are his energy, determination, enthusiasm and particularly his flexibility.
He can be deployed left or right to roughly equal effect which is an invaluable asset to our squad.
I like him.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Effective(without scoring) on both flanks.
Incredible stamina/workrate. One of the first on teamsheet for me
And it appears for Gary as well. Looking back on the thread around the Feb time is quite a read

Last edited:

Squeezebox

I have mentioned this before but don't think anyone commented. From watching on ifollow, it appears that he always wears a black armband. Anyone able to confirm this and if so wondering what this is all about (of course could be very private) and this was before the whole team wore them for one game.