• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

International relations thread

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes and accepting these demands is being put as a precondition for any negotiations rather than a non-negotiable requirement in peace talks. These demands include Kyiv ceding ownership of four cities with a combined population of over two million that are not presently in Russian hands - three have never been and one, Kherson, was but has since been liberated.
Not forgetting Crimea.

Phil Sayers

Not forgetting Crimea.
Indeed not - he hasn't even bothered to list that one as a pre-condition! The four cities part of my post was just in reference to cities not presently controlled by Russia; in total it would be more than that such as also e.g Mariupol.

Phil Sayers

Ouch - looks like five Russian fighter jets plus possibly whatever was in the hangar destroyed in a drone strike a couple of days back:

On the same night, Ukraine also destroyed a couple of S400 SAM batteries using ATACMS missiles in Crimea.

That is probably well over a billion dollars worth of modern equipment up in flames in a single night.

Phil Sayers

Ouch - looks like five Russian fighter jets plus possibly whatever was in the hangar destroyed in a drone strike a couple of days ago.
Correction - people far more knowledgeable than I are saying that, while it is possible those five aircraft were destroyed and the debris removed, it is more likely that they were evacuated after the attack and the stain that can be seen is oil from where they were standing. However, looking through the hole in the hangar two jets can actually be seen that very likely had a load of concrete land on them when the hole was made.

DB9

Putin says that the new pact with N Korea will protect both countries from aggression, Who exactly are being aggressive to either Russia or N Korea? I would say they are the ones being aggressive.

iscalad

Putin says that the new pact with N Korea will protect both countries from aggression, Who exactly are being aggressive to either Russia or N Korea? I would say they are the ones being aggressive.
Paranoid politics

DB9

Paranoid politics
I guess Kim Jong can always lend Putin balloons of crap to send to Ukraine as they did to South Korea! :ROFLMAO:

Alistair20000

As I have said before, if Russia has security fears it can implement appropriate reform, become more democratic and apply to join NATO.

DB9

As I have said before, if Russia has security fears it can implement appropriate reform, become more democratic and apply to join NATO.
Just need to have Putin and his cronies fall out of a window "Accidentally"

Phil Sayers

It's just an abject humiliation of Russia and Putin really. Fresh from doing their sanction-breaking shopping in Iran, Russia now needs to go cap in hand to NK to obtain arms that Russia themselves have sanctioned Pyongyang from selling at UNSC level. The Soviet Union had client states dotted across the world; Russia now is becoming a client state of their former client states.