• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ipswich Town Away Discussion Thread

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
We’ve been a touch unlucky to come away with 5 defeats against very good sides - think this one will see a shock win
If we win, please send me the set for life numbers on Sunday for Monday?

I cannot see anything that a defeat tomorrow, but as always, hoping we snatch something.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Aren't they Billy's Boots?
Similar.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
16/1 😲 must be the biggest price we have ever been for a league match
I have £5 on us winning 1-0 at 25/1 so watch this space lol

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
919 tickets sold.

sign of the chimes

Ipswich are the strongest side I've seen at this level in the seven seasons we've been in it - that's in terms of personnel; and the way they've clicked in the second half of the season. Assuming nothing bizarre happens, and they're able to strengthen a bit in the summer (I don't think it requires anything drastic), I wouldn't be surprised to see them challenging at the top of the Championship next season.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
The team are staying in the hotel I'm staying in. 😮
Any clues who might be available for the game ?

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wonder how long it took to get the team to Ipswich in those days? Long old poke in pre war transport on pre war roads, perhaps they took the train?

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anything less than three nil to them will be a triumph I think given our wafer thin squad.Unless GC can get some of the walking wounded going , but even that won’t help much in the circumstances.
And on top of that sadly we’ll probably be deluged with media stuff about our green friends triumphant return to the Championship today and the half dozen parades being arranged from Lands End to Okehampton in their honour.

JW57++

The team are staying in the hotel I'm staying in. 😮
The last time I was in the area was for a wedding, pre-Covid. Shrewsbury Town were staying at the same hotel as us. The players were exceptionally courteous and polite - a tremendous advert for their club.

Information

Going back 12 months
Puts our defeat into perspective when you see what could happen at Ipswich Town at lunchtime today

Promotion to the Premier League...