• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is Project 6000 and sustainability in L1 compatible with selling our "Gems"?

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surely the title of this thread is somewhat dated, as we don't appear to have many "Gems" to sell, and if they take a leaf out of Archie's and Josh's book we don't have any choice in selling them anyway their agent's do.

This said I assume we are still hopeful of sell ons from some of the youth that have moved on such as Alfie Pond, Ben Chrisene, Jordan Storey, Matt Grimes (?) and possibly Josh Key once his settlement is announced

Also now we have breached the 6k target on a regular basis (I know it will fall off as the season drifts to an anticlimax) we have had no advice of the benefits these attendances are reaping, only assumption that it has been made available for the squad. and what contingencies are being put in place for the potential downturn in attendances how do the club hope to keep them at this level and is this still the target as if I recall this was set when we were a fourth division club?
I have the same thoughts and plan on asking our Chief Exec at the Fans Forum on Thu. Im hoping he starts outlining what tge vision and strategy is to sustain us in L1

tom_ecfc

It will be interesting if ticket prices increase for the 24/25 season? If increased by £1, that would be a max additional income of £154k per season based on the current average 23/24 season average so far.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
It will be interesting if ticket prices increase for the 24/25 season? If increased by £1, that would be a max additional income of £154k per season based on the current average 23/24 season average so far.
They went up this season! Already think that 27 to sit is a lot for this division, we really don't want to put them up any more as this won't get the extra 150k.

tom_ecfc

They went up this season! Already think that 27 to sit is a lot for this division, we really don't want to put them up any more as this won't get the extra 150k.
Will they go up to offset the potential lack of demand in ST sales? Agree, £27 to watch L1 football is too high. I guess this is why JT is looking at outside investment to help with the budget, as you can only price tickets to a certain level before even the die hard fans start to not turn up. Will be listening in to what he has to say at Thursday’s fans forum.

Average Joe

You are right. I personally don't go often already due to the price increase over the last five years. Without any actual research, I think the club be better off having deals for the unpopular games. Bring a child and get the away game half price, or something similar. I know we do offers already but we'd be better off doing offers more frequently.

I don't stand by the ''it's only a pound'' any more. The price increase of everything from electric to dining out has got too much. People are at breaking point.

tom_ecfc

You are right. I personally don't go often already due to the price increase over the last five years. Without any actual research, I think the club be better off having deals for the unpopular games. Bring a child and get the away game half price, or something similar. I know we do offers already but we'd be better off doing offers more frequently.

I don't stand by the ''it's only a pound'' any more. The price increase of everything from electric to dining out has got too much. People are at breaking point.
It would be very interesting to see if the club go for a tiered game approach for ticketing, like a lot of other clubs have done? The opportunity is always when we play small clubs as the home attendance is normally also much lower. It’s a fine balance between trying to increase revenue by filling the stadium but on the flip side if we are doing well and actually lose revenue.

Maybe for games which are likely not to sell out, based on previous data and are normally in the Big Bank, a discount for the 1st x amount of tickets sold, (the same amount likely to not sell) before going to normal price sales.

Boyo

Will they go up to offset the potential lack of demand in ST sales? Agree, £27 to watch L1 football is too high. I guess this is why JT is looking at outside investment to help with the budget, as you can only price tickets to a certain level before even the die hard fans start to not turn up. Will be listening in to what he has to say at Thursday’s fans forum.
If fewer people re-new season tickets next season, then even keeping the prices the same as this year creates the potential to significantly increase matchday income. As a Stanno STH I effectively pay £20.13 per ticket per match. If my season ticket season was available to general sale, then it would be sold for £27. So a sold out SJP with fewer STH would generate a lot more revenue.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
It would be very interesting to see if the club go for a tiered game approach for ticketing, like a lot of other clubs have done? The opportunity is always when we play small clubs as the home attendance is normally also much lower. It’s a fine balance between trying to increase revenue by filling the stadium but on the flip side if we are doing well and actually lose revenue.

Maybe for games which are likely not to sell out, based on previous data and are normally in the Big Bank, a discount for the 1st x amount of tickets sold, (the same amount likely to not sell) before going to normal price sales.
Common sense points to this being a sensible way forward. We have a finite number of seats therefore it seems obvious that the price should reflect supply and demand. It may even lead to some fans picking to watch eg three cheaper games rather than feeling they can only afford two at full price. I already do something similar myself. When there are a number of home games in quick succession I will choose to go on the BB every third game to make it more affordable as 27 quid per game is imo very expensive for third tier football

tom_ecfc

Agreed, this is the sort of number crunching I used to do for the Club's Gates Committee.

I'm glad someone else is doing it now and not me!
Looks like our CFO has taken this under his wing. Loved the stats slide break down from last nights fans forum.

Interesting that it sounds like there WILL be an increase in ticket prices but being kept to a minimum, can’t see this being more than a £1 increase in the current climate.

CC

I know it was the last game of the season but did Morecambe really bring over 650 here?