• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is Project 6000 and sustainability in L1 compatible with selling our "Gems"?

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nobodies getting screwed! My matchday experience involves paying £20 ish for a train, more if I drive, several pints and food. All these prices have risen a lot over recent years but we pay them anyway. Why should our club be the business that takes the hit whilst everybody else raises their prices accordingly?
This is the bit where people spit out their coffee and and scream hysterically that we are crap and boring and lucky if anybody turns up.

I think we're wonderful and on the cusp of great things.😄

Boyo

22/23 - 6,846
23/24 - 6,794 (predicting 8,000 for the Oxford game)
The tiny decrease can be attributed to the reduction in away fans, with average number of home fans being almost identical.

denzel

Nobodies getting screwed! My matchday experience involves paying £20 ish for a train, more if I drive, several pints and food. All these prices have risen a lot over recent years but we pay them anyway. Why should our club be the business that takes the hit whilst everybody else raises their prices accordingly?
This is the bit where people spit out their coffee and and scream hysterically that we are crap and boring and lucky if anybody turns up.

Because the prices went up this season anyway so we are due a freeze

DawlishBouy

Exactly. In my opinion it's far better to keep fans happy and reward them for their loyalty than it is to try and screw them for every penny possibility. After all we are in the fortunate position of having money in the bank, more windfall income on the way when the Josh Key tribunal finally meets and no upcoming major infrastructure projects that will need lots of cash.
There is another phase of work to be done at the training ground and the club has been talking about projects for all 4 corners of the stadium.

Spoonz Red E

I think we should always be sensitive to set ticket prices at a level where we don't price people out of the basic thing - attending matches.
This is the approach we currently have as I understand it.

The only time we varied from this was when we had Guy Wolfenden as CEO a few years back. Back then a severe price hike was presented by a couple of consultants and went down like a cartoon piano. The prices were rolled back before implementation.

If we have 7,000 people in the ground we can be smarter with our other commercial offerings - whether it's extras for match day, food, drink, hospitality, better promotion of non match day events, branded items etc.

Our main revenue model by far is player development and we've invested well in this.

Antony Moxey

We should be maximising our newfound popularity with season ticket price rises IMO.

We're too cheap.
Well make a donation then.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Well make a donation then.
Ha - without wishing to get all political (political? moi?) it reminds me of the experiment that was done in Islington where people were asked if they wanted to pay more tax. Those that said "yes" (and, being Islington, there were quite a few) were then presented with a link to the government website that enabled them to make a voluntary tax donation. You can guess how many actually took the interviewer up on this offer...

Anyway, back on topic, I like to think we are going about things the right way revenue-wise. Spoonz makes a valid point about large crowds enabling us to strengthen the revenue generation elsewhere on match days - e.g. the new developments in the Red Square area. Clubs everywhere seem to be grasping this nettle, heck even my local side (Hampton & Richmond) has a "fan zone".

Mid Devon Grecian

Blimey, I actually agree with you Sturtz😁

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
A price freeze for one season is fine. next season prices need to rise by at least inflation otherwise income starts going backwards

Mid Devon Grecian

I think we should always be sensitive to set ticket prices at a level where we don't price people out of the basic thing - attending matches.
This is the approach we currently have as I understand it.

The only time we varied from this was when we had Guy Wolfenden as CEO a few years back. Back then a severe price hike was presented by a couple of consultants and went down like a cartoon piano. The prices were rolled back before implementation.

If we have 7,000 people in the ground we can be smarter with our other commercial offerings - whether it's extras for match day, food, drink, hospitality, better promotion of non match day events, branded items etc.

Our main revenue model by far is player development and we've invested well in this.
Our current position is that we trade at a loss without player sales income.

We do need to squeeze as much as we can from commercial activities and food etc. but it’s a big gap to fill.

I think a modest increase to gate prices would be accepted by the majority in an effort to assist with our aim to trade at least on a break even basis before player sale income.