• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is Ryan Bowman unfairly treated?

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Getting my Covid jab there next week
"All done. 12 weeks to wait now for the next shot"

Often heard at Home Park.

STURTZ

TBF I said he's ben unfairly treated by us and in us I am happy to include myself, I won't dig but can't remember you being particularly complimentary about him during the "bad times"!

However looking back at your capitulation and throwing in of the towel after the Crawley match added to your thread revelling in the demise of Paul Tisdale I chuckled to think you had given fresh life to the phrase, "Cheese eating surrender monkey!" 😄

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
TBF I said he's ben unfairly treated by us and in us I am happy to include myself, I won't dig but can't remember you being particularly complimentary about him during the "bad times"!

However looking back at your capitulation and throwing in of the towel after the Crawley match added to your thread revelling in the demise of Paul Tisdale I chuckled to think you had given fresh life to the phrase, "Cheese eating surrender monkey!" 😄
Another of your gems was our attacking players offered nothing other than Williams !! You said this is Jan / early Feb.

On the day of the defeat to Crawley I said I didn't think we'd get promoted, I didn't throw the towel in, I'd be delighted to be proved wrong however I'm not convinced I will be.

Regarding Tisdale, clearly I don't like the guy.

Next question ?

STURTZ

You said we wouldn't get promoted, although I realise that arguing with a person that doesn't realise that the word "us" generally includes the first person singular does seem a bit pointless.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
You said we wouldn't get promoted
Yes I did, I have already agreed with you on that, keep up old fella.

STURTZ

Yes I did, I have already agreed with you on that, keep up old fella.
No you said you've admitted that you said that you "didn't think we'd get promoted" not, as in the Crawley thread the assertion, "we won't get promoted this season", these things are important. You may be right, learn to stick to your guns. You may be in the position to bring this thread up and announce that you were right all along.

Seriously though, have you honestly been a closet Bowman fan all season? Sorry as I said I only remember FBH sticking up for him, perhaps you could delve back and bring up some of your supportive comments, I'll be happy to apologise.

Cheese eating surrender monkey! 😄 You've got to admit, that is funny!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
learn to stick to your guns.
I can be accused of many things but not sticking to my guns isn't one of them !!

Regarding Bowman, I have been critical of him at times this season and rightly so, he has gone on some long barren spells and earlier in the season I didn't think he was playing to his potential, he was poor in a number of games.

STURTZ

I can be accused of many things but not sticking to my guns isn't one of them !!

Regarding Bowman, I have been critical of him at times this season and rightly so, he has gone on some long barren spells and earlier in the season I didn't think he was playing to his potential, he was poor in a number of games.
Thanks, now go upstairs, kneel by your bed and pray for a Cheltenham win, try to regain a bit of respect.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
This seems pretty spot on to me. I am a huge Bowman fan but even I can still admit that he wasn't at his best earlier in the season or that I didn't think he was capable of playing as well as he has in recent matches.

IndoMike

The fact is many of us football fans give knee- jerk reactions after a game. If a player has a bad game he becomes a "liability" or "useless" , and after a good game we think he should be given a life-time contract. This has happened with Sweeney, Jake, Big Nige, Collins, McA, and recently with Hartridge. It's a football fan thing, and if players are sensible and don't read SM it's not a problem : just normal football fan behaviour.