• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ivor Doble

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Had no idea Ivor was a Timepiece regular.
I think Egg means watches when he refers to timepieces. Or have I just been whooshed.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think Egg means watches when he refers to timepieces. Or have I just been whooshed.
Whoosh McWhooshwhoosh

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whoosh McWhooshwhoosh
Fair one, I just didn't think you'd make a joke from a delicate subject.

ExmouthMart

Has anything been mentioned about a lasting and more noticeable tribute to Ivor Doble then?! Again not sure I’ve read or seen a bad word about him in the many tributes. So are we just quietly forgetting about him then?! If there is an issue then maybe this should be brought to everyone’s attention. I still believe it’s true that Ivor Doble more or less passed ownership of The Club to The Trust. I know a lot happened before that but again his heart was in the right place.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Save it for promotion day! It's what he might have wanted most....shame he (just?) missed it.

ExmouthMart

Any more news of a more permanent and noticeable reminder of our late Chairman?! Nice that there was a memorial service for him at Exeter Cathedral which reflects his standing in the local business community and the wider Exeter community and as a community based football club hopefully this will be reflected in a tribute to him.