• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jake Richards

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Totally agree we seem to be able to produce not just very promising young players but also good communicators, well balanced likeable educated and intelligent young men. Quite an achievement with all the distractions of modern day living UTC
This was, to me, noticeable back in the days of Kellow's Bootlaces on the radio.

andrew p long

I am a bit surprised that we haven't seen transfer speculation yet. Along the lines of 'Arsenal, Man Utd and Bournemouth are tracking Exeter's 16 year old Jake Richards'

Another performance on Saturday v Northampton where it wouldn't have been possible (if you didn't know) to work out who the 16 year old in the side was. (there was a midfielder who was good, but a bit inconsistent and lost the ball a few times - but that was Tom Carroll!).

Already well worth a League One starting place. The real deal.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am a bit surprised that we haven't seen transfer speculation yet. Along the lines of 'Arsenal, Man Utd and Bournemouth are tracking Exeter's 16 year old Jake Richards'

Another performance on Saturday v Northampton where it wouldn't have been possible (if you didn't know) to work out who the 16 year old in the side was. (there was a midfielder who was good, but a bit inconsistent and lost the ball a few times - but that was Tom Carroll!).

Already well worth a League One starting place. The real deal.
Sssshhhh.

Don't know who you mean.

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
This was, to me, noticeable back in the days of Kellow's Bootlaces on the radio.
Are you suggesting that Kellow's Bootlaces was one of "the distractions of modern day living"? :oops:

iscalad

Are you suggesting that Kellow's Bootlaces was one of "the distractions of modern day living"? :oops:
No idea what you are on about. It was an enjoyable show, one aspect of which, showed our academy players to be well educated.

David Treharne

My incomplete list of distractions are nine in number. Technology, Other People ,MyThoughts,The News, Money, Social Media, Food, Shopping, Trying to figure out why I have supported Exeter City for so long.
(Perhaps the production and development of players like Jake Richards is a partial explanation)

The deluder

The youth teams results have fallen off a cliff. But they can still produce remarkable young players like Jake Richards. It really is outstanding.

Grecian2K

My incomplete list of distractions are nine in number. Technology, Other People ,MyThoughts,The News, Money, Social Media, Food, Shopping, Trying to figure out why I have supported Exeter City for so long.
(Perhaps the production and development of players like Jake Richards is a partial explanation)
How could you forget your other (arguably top priority) FECRACE!?
Add 'Amateur Meteorology" into your already illustrious list and we've already into the second decile.

Bridgy 81

I appreciate that if a ‘big’ club comes in for Jake it’d be understandably incredibly tempting for him.
But I genuinely think that for the longterm development of his football career he’d be best staying with us for two or three more seasons.
If he holds his form (although they’ll inevitably be occasional dips) and continues to strengthen physically then he’ll be guaranteed plenty of valuable first team League One starts and minutes for us.
Admittedly Matt Grimes and Ollie Watkins were a bit older than Jake but both quickly became integral members of our team, played around 60-70 matches for us, then earned lucrative and successful moves to Championship clubs and have never looked back.
I really hope whoever Jake listens to is advising him this way for his benefit and of course it wouldn’t be the worst thing for us either.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
The youth teams results have fallen off a cliff. But they can still produce remarkable young players like Jake Richards. It really is outstanding.
Largely because a lot of much younger players have been playing for the U18s of late.