• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

James Scott signs

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Glad he's not our player. He'd get too many cards.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I try not to get on player's back, but James Scott was not only a waste of a shirt he was actually dragging down other players.

Although many people are putting our improvement in form since xmas down to say Cox returning and Harris joining etc. I would argue that Scott leaving was also a massive factor.
Bit extreme 🤣

Scott was rubbish, I'll give you that but I don't see what having a seemingly decent lad around has to do with other players under performing, talk about scapegoat!

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Idle out of season curiosity got the better of me I thought let's have a look at what the St. Mirrent fans are saying as Scotty came on in the 67th minute today v Killie. Doesn't look like it's going much better judging by comments such as;

James Scott is not very good

In the name of all that is holy, can someone please tell me what Stephen Robinson sees is either Lewis Jamieson or James Scott?
They are both absolute garbage.

I thought I was the only one who sees that.

Hopefully a clause to cancel James Scott contact before it starts and a championship club are willing to give us a percentage of Jamieson’s wages for next season.

Nowhere near the level we needed this season, let alone next.

This is why longer contracts for players are not always for the best ............

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wonder why people read what other teams supporters say when assessing a player that we have seen many, many times. It's almost as if we trust other supporters more than our own eyes!
Not always a surefire check on abilities anyway, remember recent foreign reports regarding the perils of signing Sinisalo, Ryan Woods or even Gary Caldwell.

manc grecian

Wonder why people read what other teams supporters say when assessing a player that we have seen many, many times. It's almost as if we trust other supporters more than our own eyes!
Not always a surefire check on abilities anyway, remember recent foreign reports regarding the perils of signing Sinisalo, Ryan Woods or even Gary Caldwell.
There were some people on here still convinced that Scott just needed to get his match fitness back and recover his sharpness and then he'd be Archie Gemmill reborn.

No harm in checking that he's still absolutely terrible.

denzel

Perhaps if St Mirren had checked on here before they signed him it wouldn't have happened!

STURTZ

Perhaps if St Mirren had checked on here before they signed him it wouldn't have happened!
Well that would have been a shame, cracking player!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
There were some people on here still convinced that Scott just needed to get his match fitness back and recover his sharpness and then he'd be Archie Gemmill reborn.

No harm in checking that he's still absolutely terrible.
I'm pretty sure someone on here also said that we hadn't seen the best of him because he's too far ahead of the other players with his thinking and movement!

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Idle out of season curiosity got the better of me I thought let's have a look at what the St. Mirrent fans are saying as Scotty came on in the 67th minute today v Killie. Doesn't look like it's going much better judging by comments such as;

James Scott is not very good

In the name of all that is holy, can someone please tell me what Stephen Robinson sees is either Lewis Jamieson or James Scott?
They are both absolute garbage.

I thought I was the only one who sees that.

Hopefully a clause to cancel James Scott contact before it starts and a championship club are willing to give us a percentage of Jamieson’s wages for next season.

Nowhere near the level we needed this season, let alone next.

This is why longer contracts for players are not always for the best ............
He only finished 4 goals off of our top goal scorer last season 1715604476000.png

In the first part of the season, it looked like he was finding some form, then the injury he got finished him in terms of playing for us.

Rightly we have both moved on since then. Feel for him, as seems a decent chap and had flashes of hope, but they where miles inbetween, but there is a decent footballer in there and I Hope he can get a sustained run injury free and show that.

cambmike

Or Jamie Cureton after a year away at Leyton Orient