• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Joel Nouble - New Striker?

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’m not *too* fussed what other teams think of players as it’s been shown time and time again that we can rehabilitate players.
Yeah but it wasn't GC attempting the rehabilitation ! :(

Red red

Well I have read 4 pages and given up. All you see is 20 days in no striker now it seems we linked to a striker and he’s rubbish. For god sake what chance has anyone got.
Oh messi becomes available oh no he’s to old 😂

Grecian Max

Yeah but it wasn't GC attempting the rehabilitation ! :(
Exactly, hence my last sentence

STURTZ

Welcome Joel (if this news is indeed official), hope you can give us a stronger presence in the box!

Rosencrantz

That sounds like a mess. Can't see it working.

It'd be easier to sign a RB 😉
Well it worked up to a point under Matt, we even thrashed the gargs 4-0 playing that way 🙂. Sweeney is basically playing the same role. We did have Ryan Bowman, Alex Fisher and er...Ben Seymour to choose from up front though. Although in practise we of course played Lee Martin off of Ryan.

Positive spin

Just trying to put a positive spin on it here... What kind of ball park would he have gone for at the peak of his powers? If it's a lot more than right now, maybe we're getting a bit of a bargain on a guy who's in a dysfunctional side and who's stock has plummeted, with the idea he could pick that form back up here... Who knows. Maybe it's straw clutching.
The same was probably said about Scott

manc grecian

From people who have watched him he doesn't sound like the sort of player we need. Sounds exactly the same as Yanic.

yticretexe

Caldwell could be signing him primarily as a LW and be looking to change to a 433 with Rankine, Wildshut or Niskanen RW? I’m a bit confused where Caldwell wants to go with the January signings. Purrington is more of a full back than a wing back, which suggests he might be looking at a back four but then you have to think about what you do with Rankine on the right. Harris and Aitchinson are both 10s but can’t play two 10s in a back 4 system with wide players. I can’t see him dropping Aitchinson any time soon.

The squad seems a bit of mess right now with many players that ‘can’ play many positions but system/formation isn’t allowing for them to play their best/preferred.
Craig you’ve summed up my feelings perfectly.

yticretexe

All joking aside and comparisons with all time great England Internationals notwithstanding, I can see Joel Nouble linking up well with Sonny Cox.
In what formation?

Red red

Just had this from a friend in Glasgow played in spl and still in touch
Great Feet. But needs to play as a striker 6foot 4 inch something of a handful.
Now that sounds what we need