• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Judgement day is upon us. The official Blackpool v ECFC match day thread

ECFC89

Some posters here are being too precious about posters being too precious. Is it too much for Tisdale to say "And I'd like to say thanks to our fans for the support"
It takes 5 seconds to say it. Is it really so hard to spit out?
Agreed. How dare 'us lot' have an opinion.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agreed. How dare 'us lot' have an opinion.
Nobody says you can't have an opinion but if you're going to put it out there, expect it to be challenged.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
We got caught out early with a fairly soft goal, then dominated pretty much the rest of the half. Deserved to get back on terms and could well have been leading if we had made better choices. We got into some great areas, but it didn't quite come off for us.

At half time I think bowyer won the battle of the team talks. Blackpool stopped merely trying to hold on and either did something to stop us hurting them or we failed to keep going in the same manner. I have seen us play worse but Blackpool deserved to win the half. We made our changes and didn't create enough, Watkins maybe could have rescued it at the end but one good chance isn't enough. Didn't like Blackpool time wasting, but if you fall behind you give the opposition chance to do that and they knew we could hurt them if they played without running the clock down. Don't think it really made a difference anyway as the ref added on the time wasted. Think they might struggle next season anyway.

Feel ready for a break now, no reason we can't challenge for the top seven again next season.

geoffwp

I think it would be if you didn't mean it, as clearly Tisdale doesn't.
Tis has trotted out the phrase "..all the people that doubted us" a couple of times now in interviews, for "people" read fans who got me off my rolling contract.
Tisdale doesn't like us, and never has. I don't care particularly as long as he's successful.
Seems to me that you are just making the inferences that suit how you personally feel about the manager. Why should 'people who doubted us' mean trust members who voted at the trust meeting to serve notice on the contract? In reality the two things are not necessarily connected at all. Tisdale doesn't like us? Is that the royal us? Is that inclusive of ALL city fans? Have you actually heard the manager say 'I do not like the fans of this club'? If you have could you please say when and where this happened.

Last edited:

PeteUSA

Never a fan of rotation and feel that any manager, particularly in the lower leagues, with such an obsession needs to give up football and buy a farm.
I agree wholeheartedly when it involves goalkeepers. Jose.M can do it because he has two world class keepers in Degea and Romero. It just cant be done with keepers of the quality we have. City having a different keeper for that game than the ones where we triumphed v Carlisle was just asking for trouble; and it cost us in my opinion. I couldnt believe that happened, but then with Tisdale you cant rule anything out! Why on earth did he do that? He ran up and down the touchline like he was demented when we won that Carlisle home game; then he buggers around with major team selection for the fnal? What the hell was his thinking to do that?

paperclip

Surely BO was brought in for the two Carlisle PO games specifically to cope with their threat of long throws into the box, which Pym didn't seem to cope with particularly well with on the last day of the season. Thought that was fairly common knowledge?

Not saying it's right, but Bobby conceding 5 goals in the two PO games probably didn't help his cause in being picked for the final.

IndoMike

I don't blame him for not liking us. The majority of us are opinionated, ignorant ****s. I wouldn't like us if I wasn't one of us.
I don't mind you at all, even though you are an ignorant, opinionated $#&*.

PeteUSA

Not saying it's right, but Bobby conceding 5 goals in the two PO games probably didn't help his cause in being picked for the final.
Possibly, but I thought he was only at fault with that joke goal at home where he let the cross go in over his head. Anyway, I dont suppose he'll be here next season since he must be a high earner. Probably start of with Pym and Hamon. I'd like to see Perryman offloaded too, since he's apparently payed from the players budget.

fred binneys head

I don't mind you at all, even though you are an ignorant, opinionated $#&*.
That's your opinion, you ignorant ****.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I'd like to see Perryman offloaded too, since he's apparently payed from the players budget.
And where "apparently" have you heard this from ? please show your source of this news or its just another rumour.