• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Judgement day is upon us. The official Blackpool v ECFC match day thread

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I never see Pym barking out at anybody unless its blaming them for a goal he's conceeded.
Of course YOU bleddy well don't, because you don't actually see him play in person. Have you ever seen him play a senior match at all ? All you go by generally is a few minutes highlights on TV. Usually with the crowd volume turned down, and some asinine voiceover from the presenter. Try to make your next visit to these shores, coincide with a pre season friendly. You won't even need to pay to go in the ground, because you could probably hear him barking out his orders to far older and more experienced defenders, as far away as the High Street !

That was one thing that really impressed me when he first broke into the team . Our Christy is no shrinking violet !

PeteUSA

Of course YOU bleddy well don't, because you don't actually see him play in person. Have you ever seen him play a senior match at all ? All you go by generally is a few minutes highlights on TV. Usually with the crowd volume turned down, and some asinine voiceover from the presenter. Try to make your next visit to these shores, coincide with a pre season friendly. You won't even need to pay to go in the ground, because you could probably hear him barking out his orders to far older and more experienced defenders, as far away as the High Street !
Why is it whenever I put forward critique about one of our keepers, three quarters of the response is made up of verbage ranting on about me not going to games. Does that mean I cant say anything, because I'm 6,000 miles away? I've paid my City dues from 1954 until departing for the US in 1995; and I'm particularly proud of the fact that from my original idea, I was founder member of the trust mark 1, when it came mightily close to admistrator Peacock closing us down! Regarding our keepers, I've seen enough of both to know when they let in a saveable goal, like I saw v Blackpool. I recommended him; I want him to do well the same as you do!

Red Bill

Because you continue to make ludicrous comments about things someone who doesn't go to matches would have zero knowledge about!
Just sayin' like!

PeteUSA

Because you continue to make ludicrous comments about things someone who doesn't go to matches would have zero knowledge about!
Just sayin' like!
Not like you Bill; you're general rude, but whats with the "Just sayin' like!"? Cant you construct a response like Mr Ballz did, with a bit of your own input?

andrew p long

Two random good things from the day..

the Stanno flag in the top tier...top work

the referee... thought he had a really good game (not said often about games we lose!). Did his best with the time wasting tactics (yellow card count Blackpool 5 City 0)

LDNGrecian

I've paid my City dues from 1954 until departing for the US in 1995;
You make it sound like that was recently.... Pym was born in 1995.

Red Devon

Four days on and it still hurts! ;(

Two random good things from the day..

the Stanno flag in the top tier...top work

the referee... thought he had a really good game (not said often about games we lose!). Did his best with the time wasting tactics (yellow card count Blackpool 5 City 0)
No the ref didnt do his best with their timewasting (from the 6th min btw!). He was weak and constantly allowed them to get away with it. If he acted earlier rather than show a flurry of cards in the last 10mins then it may have had an effect.

Only good thing was he did at least add the time on unlike most.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I never see Pym barking out at anybody unless its blaming them for a goal he's conceeded. Seems to play a game with 'dont come near me' expression. OK Blackpool were the better team because they have a proper manager with a football brain; not an educated fitness guru who is obviously sadly lacking in many of the essentials of football management.
Try turning up for a few games and see what Pym does when in goal !

You really have got a thing for Tis haven't you ? Every single time you prefer to have a pop at him through some half a$$ed snide comment rather than just say the other team were better on the day.

WHO ARE YOU to call him an educated fitness guru ? As far as I can see from 6000 miles away you are a very bitter person who had a nothing career in goal and even less afterwards.

elginCity

Was surprised by Tis' choice of attire on the day too, very casual in contrast to the smartly suited n booted Bowyer.

Whatever happened to his ethos of looking businesslike on matchdays and giving himself an 'edge' over the oppo manager ?