• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Keith Curle to Exeter?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
And how long did it take the Cheese to accomplish that? There have been huge periods of his teams dishing up huge periods of p/ss poor football during his tenure. If we get to Wembley and put on a good show and get promoted, it might be different. If we crash and burn in the Battle of Sincil Bank, I still think he should give someone else a chance. I sincerely hope I'm wrong and we hold our nerve this time at Lincoln. I think the full house intimidating crowd got to one or two players previously.
It took him three seasons to achieve two promotions.

LDNGrecian

Time will tell - City will probably get promoted & then the trust will back down and offer more money & Tisdale will then sign the deal and 50% of fans will be disappointed & 50% delighted.....
I think you're way off in thinking 50% of fans would be happy for him to leave if we got promoted

Last edited:

Avening Posse

Bury fans think he is going to them

PeteUSA

It took him three seasons to achieve two promotions.
Didnt we get relegated in the same sort of timeframe? I think so much of Tisdales lengthy tenure has been blighted with substandard football that his accomplishments tend to be overlooked.

Terryhall

If Tisdale does leave, we could do worse than Curle, but maybe we could also do better. I'm sure there would be plenty of applicants to choose from.

Antony Moxey

Didnt we get relegated in the same sort of timeframe? I think so much of Tisdales lengthy tenure has been blighted with substandard football that his accomplishments tend to be overlooked.
That's not what you asked. You asked how long it took him to achieve two promotions as well as a couple of Wembley appearances. Three seasons was the answer you were looking for.

As for 'so much' of his tenure: in his time here we've had those two promotions, been to the play-offs four times, Wembley three (so far) and had a couple of goes at Premiership opposition in the cups. I don't think 'so much' has been 'blighted' at all. His accomplishments tend to be overlooked mainly by those who want to overlook them.

Last edited:

KWSGrecian

Bloke's only went and released a load of players just before he left Carlisle.

Avening Posse

Bloke's only went and released a load of players just before he left Carlisle.
I saw that too, the bloke is obviously all heart :)

DB9

I saw that too, the bloke is obviously all heart :)
Carlisle asked him to help with their retained list before he went, I'd imagine otherwise the players out of contract would go on holiday without knowing if they're being kept or not, At least this way they and their agents can put them "Out There" and hopefully can get fixed up with another club

From Carlisle themselves: The 54-year-old will stay for the Cumbrians' final two League Two matches and will assist with their retained list

Last edited:

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
And how long did it take the Cheese to accomplish that?
Well he got us to Wembley in both of his first two seasons... :S