• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Las Vegas.....

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Just starting to plan my brothers stag do....

And he wants me to sort Las Vegas....

Has anyone been on a stag weekend or do there ?

Decent ?

Would 20 idiots from Mid Devon enjoy ?

Stag do's are coming up thick and fast mind - went to Cardiff in December , Newcastle in March coming up , Amsterdam in July and my brothers to plan for late this year/early next....the joys of all your mates getting towards the "settling down stage"

downthetrack

Go LA or San Fran as well just don't stay in LV or you do all your dosh. great place though.as is the other two.loads to do Universal studios is a must brill place to go in LA

Ian Sideman

Just starting to plan my brothers stag do....

And he wants me to sort Las Vegas....

Has anyone been on a stag weekend or do there ?

Decent ?

Stag do's are coming up thick and fast mind - went to Cardiff in December , Newcastle in March coming up , Amsterdam in July and my brothers to plan for late this year/early next....the joys of all your mates getting towards the "settling down stage"
You'll find all you need for a Stag Party. Go for it. It's safe now as well, as long as you don't go anywhere silly.

You don't want too big a group, as some places get a bit edgy.

I've been on two chaps weekends to Vegas.

Having said that, it was 10 years ago.

Antony Moxey

Empty bank accounts? Seems a lot of money for a couple of days on the lash, plus half a day on a plane each way? Surely there's places both closer and cheaper that'll mean more money for drinking and more time to carry out said drinking too.

crocks

Empty bank accounts? Seems a lot of money for a couple of days on the lash, plus half a day on a plane each way? Surely there's places both closer and cheaper that'll mean more money for drinking and more time to carry out said drinking too.
My thoughts entirely.

mammooman

Las Vegas is an eye-opening cluster-****. It's such a strange place. Think Butlins on speed. I went in November, the quiet period apparently, but even then everything was 'open' and you could hardly walk down the pavements (or is it sidewalks) on a Saturday evening. Despite the reputation it has I found there wasn't a huge number of bars. They don't like things that require the punter, ie you, to make your own entertainment. However, I would never want to go to just there. You got areas such as Death Valley, Hoover Dam, Colorado Basin, Grand Canyon, LA, SF all within 'easy' distance. It would be a shame to travel half way around the world at great cost to just walk up and down one street in one city. If you want to go somewhere to just get smashed you may as well go to Exmouth!

East Devon Clown

Putting the fun and the mental back into fundament
Sandford springs to mind.

If you ask the Exeweb clowns nicely, they may even provide the entertainment.

Oldsmobile-88

Vegas has got very expensive in the past decade...I went in 2000 & 2011 & could not believe how pricey it had become.....A few days is enough.Any longer & it will drive you insane.

Great idea though....The Grand Canyon HAS to be visited if you go to LV..

Avening Posse

I went in July last year, passed through for a couple of nights on a driving holiday, loved it, very memorable, a bit too much vice for me, but as long as you don't mind being propositioned fairly regularly I reckon you'll love the night out. Went LA and San Francisco as well, also fabulous

PeteUSA

Las Vegas is an eye-opening cluster-****. It's such a strange place. Think Butlins on speed. I went in November, the quiet period apparently, but even then everything was 'open' and you could hardly walk down the pavements (or is it sidewalks) on a Saturday evening. Despite the reputation it has I found there wasn't a huge number of bars. They don't like things that require the punter, ie you, to make your own entertainment. However, I would never want to go to just there. You got areas such as Death Valley, Hoover Dam, Colorado Basin, Grand Canyon, LA, SF all within 'easy' distance. It would be a shame to travel half way around the world at great cost to just walk up and down one street in one city. If you want to go somewhere to just get smashed you may as well go to Exmouth!
My Mammooooman chum is right (I like to think I helped him a bit with his trip,) that you lot dont want to spend all that much time in Vegas. Its absolutely fabulous; and the sheer spectacle of the place at night is breathtaking, But, you only need a couple of days of that, believe me! If you and your lot are taking an 11 hour flight with a change at Denver or Minniapolis, you need to plan a lot more besides Vegas to warrant that. I suspect you lot have been watching 'The Hangover' repeatedly to want to go to LV, but hey its as cool as the film depicts it! Just dont think you can nick a cop car and then get away with kids firing tazers at your balls. You'll have been shot long before that ever happens!

Let me know how long your over for CREDY, so's we can figure out something. It had better be a minimum of 10 days though to make the trip worthwhile.