• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well that'll be Christy sent out to the "boon docks" on loan again ! :(

Gilbert

A lot of speculation on Twatter as to the validity of the source but if that table is anywhere near a true reflection, then we have done incredibly well this season and can be immensely proud. Seems like only yesterday we were stuck with a transfer embargo in the Conference. However, no doubt all the usual suspects will soon be calling for marquee signings and a concerted do or die push for the Championship, branding any sensible objection as small mindedness regarding "little old Exeter". Yup, its nearly that time again... Can't wait. Me, delighted if we keep defying the odds. Winners in my book. UTC

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pym on his way back to Devon ?

denzel

Another, no doubt stab in the dim light, attempt at League One player budgets. Can't be right, can it?

Little old Argo 4th highest spenders? Surely not...

Rosencrantz

Well taking the figure for ECFC that equates to £2.1M per year which can't be too far short of the actual figure.
Yes, I am not that surprised by our figure. I am by a few others, particularly Morecambe.

iscalad

Little old Argo 4th highest spenders? Surely not...
Not indeed. Try 17th.

Colesman Ballz

Not indeed. Try 17th.
17th = Port Vale ! A "senior moment" from a Senior Red Shirley not ? :cool:

iscalad

17th = Port Vale ! A "senior moment" from a Senior Red Shirley not ? :cool:
Doh. A very senior moment.

sign of the chimes

Another, no doubt stab in the dim light, attempt at League One player budgets. Can't be right, can it?

I wonder if that's just a total of the figures for these teams posted on that 'SalarySport' website that I see posted on here from time to time? Given that unless things have changed in the past couple of years the clubs I think only see their own figure along with some contextual info - e.g. where they rank relative to other clubs - it would be a massive surprise for the info to make it in to the public domain. I can understand why these things tend to generate some interest - I'd be fascinated to have sight and know how clubs were performing relative to their actual budgets.

andrew p long

its also the case that websites/twitter account names that are generic (such as 'League One News' sound official) but often are in fact a teenager in a bedroom with a computer

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.