• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add Portsmouth to the big club list. Forgot about them :oops:
Agree - and decent of Sign of the Chimes not to bite 😀

sign of the chimes

Add Portsmouth to the big club list. Forgot about them :oops:
At various points over the last couple of seasons so have I...

I'd say the top end of L1 has been as competitive as I've known it during our recent stay. 83 points for the team in the final play-off spot shows the divide between those at the top and those at the bottom - and it's mainly been the best resourced clubs up there, as you'd expect. I would imagine our budget and final league position (10th) weren't too far apart from one another; but, by all accounts, there were teams with more than double what we had to spend.

On the flipside, I think at the bottom end there's been a pretty clear demonstration of the impact the pandemic had on some clubs/owners/budgets.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not like a decade ago when we had Leeds, both Sheffields, Huddersfield, Southampton...
Next season's league 1 line-up may not be as glamorous as last time we were there but it's still a damn sight better than having to visit Barrow, Harrogate and Sutton.

Red & White

Teams we know so far that will be in League 1

Accrington
Barnsley
Bolton
Burton A
Cambridge
Charlton
Cheltenham
Derby County
Exeter City
Fleetwood
Forest Green
Ipswich
Lincoln
Morecambe
Oxford Utd
Peterborough
Plymouth
Portsmouth
Shrewsbury
Looking forward to away days next season, especially looking at Derby, Ipswich, Portsmouth and Charlton. (y)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Looking forward to away days next season, especially looking at Derby, Ipswich, Portsmouth and Charlton. (y)
So not Forest Green? 😂

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hoping for MK or Wycombe to go up, as I'd love to go to the SoL and back to Hillsborough

Red & White

So not Forest Green? 😂
Once is more than enough for me! I beleive that if their current league form continues into next season they will find themselves in a relegation fight.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Once is more than enough for me! I beleive that if their current league form continues into next season they will find themselves in a relegation fight.
Four wins in their last eighteen matches according to Quest last night. The wheels have truly fallen off of their wagon since that 'it won't last' blip that started in February.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Form never carries in to a new season. Most clubs have significant changes in personnel and a 3 month break over the summer means we all start with a clean slate of form come August

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I blame the cumulative effects of all that Vegan food. If they don't start feeding the players steak, chicken and fish and chips they will go straight back down

Status
Not open for further replies.