• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 - Tuesday 5th April

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm basing my opinion on the timed I've seen him play against us. I assume a lot of the goals scored are against poor teams?
I have not looked at the detail of who he has scored against but the stats speak for themselves.

He got a brace against the Gas this season back in November IIRC.

Seems to have flourished this season at FGR.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have not looked at the detail of who he has scored against but the stats speak for themselves.

He got a brace against the Gas this season back in November IIRC.

Seems to have flourished this season at FGR.
Not that it really matters but I think this shows who he scored against. Against us, he always looks poor.

Alistair20000

Not that it really matters but I think this shows who he scored against. Against us, he always looks poor.

No goal from him since 29 January which coincides with FGR's major collapse in form. Before that goals against a wide range of quality of opponent and they all count.

Maybe he has had a big advantage playing with Matty Stevens who has also really come good this season ?

I agree with you that whenever I have seen Matt play against us he has failed to impress at all.

Last edited:

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is how the table would look if Mansfield beat FGR 1-0 and Salford beat Port Vale 1-0.

Screenshot_20220405-161629_Chrome.jpg

Alistair20000

Reverse the Salford v Port Vale prediction and it won't look so good.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is how the table would look if Mansfield beat FGR 1-0 and Salford beat Port Vale 1-0.

View attachment 8221
And everybody is concerned with that because? The top three have a game in hand on the pack, win them and we would be 8 points clear six to go.
What it also shows is how great our defence has been all season with only us and the Vegans only losing 6 games. There are several teams that have conceded under one goal a game in the concertina, also showing how tight other defences are I do not want to be in the mincer at the end of season with Salford on a charge.

So three of our remaining games are against sides with good defensive records, but two of them are hardly knocking them in the other end for fun though are they?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
And everybody is concerned with that because?
No feckin idea. Even in the worst case scenario that Mansfield and Vale win then it's still all in our hands. We'd be closer to 4th place points-wise but Vale would have played more games than us.

Screenshot_20220405-164921_Chrome.jpg

If FGR beat Mansfield and Vale win we're eally struggling to catch FGR and below us it's still a 5 point gap to 4th.

For me, Mansfield and Salford wins are ideal tonight.Screenshot_20220405-165613_Chrome.jpg

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Of course if Salford do pull off their late charge and make and win the play offs, with ourselves Mansfield and the Vegans securing the Autos, it would epitomise what is wrong with football, with three of the promoted clubs getting their through the financial support of their chairman/CEO, and us on the back of a transfer windfall. Money buys success!

Colesman Ballz

Of course if Salford do pull off their late charge and make and win the play offs, with ourselves Mansfield and the Vegans securing the Autos, it would epitomise what is wrong with football, with three of the promoted clubs getting their through the financial support of their chairman/CEO, and us on the back of a transfer windfall. Money buys success!
Enough of this carp about transfer windfall, that was the result of years of our own hard work building the academy. Equally you could say it is the result of having a team which generally has five home grown players in the starting eleven and more on the bench ! Our success is well earned and sustainable, unlike the Stags and the Vegans.
I am sorely tempted to watch tonight's match on ifollow, but it is a dilemma, whose account should I watch it through ? I don't wish to swell the coffers of either of them ! :unsure:

Alistair20000

Enough of this carp about transfer windfall, that was the result of years of our own hard work building the academy. Equally you could say it is the result of having a team which generally has five home grown players in the starting eleven and more on the bench ! Our success is well earned and sustainable, unlike the Stags and the Vegans.
I am sorely tempted to watch tonight's match on ifollow, but it is a dilemma, whose account should I watch it through ? I don't wish to swell the coffers of either of them ! :unsure:
Are they free to listen to on the wireless and can you multi task ?

Here to help save your cash.