• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One - 2023/24

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
So after tonight more teams are now level with us on games played and only Burton and Cambridge can overtake us if they win their games in hand possibly dropping us down to 17th.
Both Cambridge and Burton lost tonight!
But our goal difference is an issue on the run in

sign of the chimes

Sign of the Chimes will be happy with tonights results.
If Carlsberg did Tuesday nights...

Obviously plenty of time between now and the end of the campaign - and a fellow season ticket holder at work and I agreed today that neither of us think we've looked much better than a play-off side for most of the season to date. It will come down to whether we can win/draw enough of our upcoming run against Top 8 sides - chuffed to be where we are tonight, it massively exceeds my expectations at the start of the campaign.

Fleetwood's comeback tonight at the other end could be massive in the shakedown at the bottom. I suspect it does them no/few favours but might do a few of the teams above the line a favour.

JW57++

The Charlton and Wigan results were bad news, but I feel that the other results suited us well. Always been a fan of Stockley and he has performed well for City in his last two games.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
But our goal difference is an issue on the run in
Forget the goal difference. Points is king and we'll get enough. I'm not sure why so many are stressed about it. If we were bottom 6 and 2 points above the relegation zone I'd get it, but we're mid table.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Forget the goal difference. Points is king and we'll get enough. I'm not sure why so many are stressed about it. If we were bottom 6 and 2 points above the relegation zone I'd get it, but we're mid table.
Don't forget GC's obligatory losing run at the end of the season ?

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
astonishing day for when we don't play. In bottom half only two teams drop a place - Reading due to a points deduction and us. But the result that sent us down a place was one we welcomed! Bizarre!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't forget GC's obligatory losing run at the end of the season ?
Only at the end?

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
15th is mid table? 7 points from the bottom 4, 19 from the top 6.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
15th is mid table? 7 points from the bottom 4, 19 from the top 6.
Yep, there's 24 teams so top 8 is top of table, 9th to 16th is mid table, and 17th to 24th is bottom third.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not sure why that's funny, it's fact.