• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One - 2023/24

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
The EFL seem to be rushing through the L1 play offs
I guess it gives them more time to shift the Wembley tickets ?

Friday 3 May 20:00
League One A 1st Leg (6th v 3rd)

Saturday 4 May 19:45
League One B 1st Leg (5th v 4th)

Tuesday 7 May 20:00
League One A 2nd Leg (3rd v 6th)

Wednesday 8 May 20:00
League One B 2nd Leg (4th v 5th)

Saturday 18 May TBC
League One Play-Off Final
I don’t think I need to make diary entries for these :(

sign of the chimes

I don’t think I need to make diary entries for these :(
Being a natural optimist I have a relatively cheap hotel booked near Wembley either side of the play-off final.

(thinking about it, that does make me an optimist given Pompey have never won so much as a leg in the play-offs).

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Being a natural optimist I have a relatively cheap hotel booked near Wembley either side of the play-off final.

(thinking about it, that does make me an optimist given Pompey have never won so much as a leg in the play-offs).
Autos for your bauys I think Chimers

Bridgy 81

If you don’t end up needing the room you may be able to sell it to someone on here if we continue our current march up the table.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster

No need SoC - with Sparksy you are either 1 or 2 !
Enjoy the Championship but hope Grecian v Pompey not far away !

sign of the chimes

Autos for your bauys I think Chimers
I do hope so, but we've got a tough run-in and there are some decent sides not too far behind us.

If you don’t end up needing the room you may be able to sell it to someone on here if we continue our current march up the table.
You'll be pleased to know it's a Premier Inn, Bridgy - on a flex rate so I can cancel with a refund right up to check-in day! I've stayed at this one before, not one of the better ones but it was pretty cheap and I've used for a couple of gigs at the arena in the past - it's about £10 for an uber from Wembley. In normal times I'd have travelled up and back on the day - but circumstances dictate that's unlikely to be possible if we need to do it this year.

sign of the chimes

No need SoC - with Sparksy you are either 1 or 2 !
Enjoy the Championship but hope Grecian v Pompey not far away !
I'll let you count those particular chickens GiG - but thanks for the vote of confidence. As I said on the former players thread Sparkes had his best defensive game for us on Saturday up against one of the division's top attackers. I hope he can keep it up as the shirt is likely to be his for the next couple of matches at least. Glad to see your lot trending upwards!

Bridgy 81

You'll be pleased to know it's a Premier Inn, Bridgy - on a flex rate so I can cancel with a refund right up to check-in day! I've stayed at this one before, not one of the better ones but it was pretty cheap and I've used for a couple of gigs at the arena in the past - it's about £10 for an uber from Wembley. In normal times I'd have travelled up and back on the day - but circumstances dictate that's unlikely to be possible if we need to do it this year.
Nice one.
We stayed in Premier Plus rooms in Warrington (for our recent win at Wigan) and Shrewsbury for our win there last week.
Mainly for Mrs Bridgy so she can sit on the posh chair you get with her feet up on the matching stool, streaming something on her iPad via the included fast broadband and with a bottle of wine (which you have to supply yourself) in the mini fridge and the coffee pod machine and complimentary chocolates nearby.
The good news is that I’m currently 100% for away wins when we’ve been based based in Premier Plus rooms but the less good news is that we’re beginning to get a taste for the good life 🥂🥂

sign of the chimes

Nice one.
We stayed in Premier Plus rooms in Warrington (for our recent win at Wigan) and Shrewsbury for our win there last week.
Mainly for Mrs Bridgy so she can sit on the posh chair you get with her feet up on the matching stool, streaming something on her iPad via the included fast broadband and with a bottle of wine (which you have to supply yourself) in the mini fridge and the coffee pod machine and complimentary chocolates nearby.
The good news is that I’m currently 100% for away wins when we’ve been based based in Premier Plus rooms but the less good news is that we’re beginning to get a taste for the good life 🥂🥂
Sounds ace. How the other half lives, and all that ;-)

I'd warn you not to get carried away/lose touch with your roots; but if you're two from two away wins it would be dangerous to shift the dial now, wouldn't it?

To half-plagiarise another poster on here - bleddy love Premier Inns, me.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Nothing changes