• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One - 2023/24

tonykellowfan

Not quite, Orient was a draw

Bridgy 81

Peterborough v Stevenage live on Sky at 8 this evening if you have it and fancy watching a couple of our rivals.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Peterborough v Stevenage live on Sky at 8 this evening if you have it and fancy watching a couple of our rivals.
I spotted you on the ECFC Twitter feed photos of the away supporters.

manc grecian

Reading are apparently selling their training ground to Wycombe.

Grecian2K

Reading are apparently selling their training ground to Wycombe.
On the face of it this does seem a strange move.
There has been speculation elsewhere that it is a move by Mr Younge to artificially reduce the price of the club for potential bidders.
Or of course it could just be a desperate attempt to raise some urgent bunce to settle the latest tax and salary bills and avoid YET MORE points being deducted.
If the latter, looking at the league table, I'm a bit surprised that Wycombe would be looking to bale them out?

DawlishBouy

On the face of it this does seem a strange move.
There has been speculation elsewhere that it is a move by Mr Younge to artificially reduce the price of the club for potential bidders.
Or of course it could just be a desperate attempt to raise some urgent bunce to settle the latest tax and salary bills and avoid YET MORE points being deducted.
If the latter, looking at the league table, I'm a bit surprised that Wycombe would be looking to bale them out?
They would hardly buy the training ground to help-out Reading.
Wycombe would be getting category 1 training facilities for a, presumably, knock down price. Reading on completion of sale would, presumably, be downgraded to a cat 4 academy or have no academy at all and lose millions of pounds in FA funding. There should be lots of highly promising young Reading players up for grab at the end of this season.

Grecian2K

They would hardly buy the training ground to help-out Reading.
Wycombe would be getting category 1 training facilities for a, presumably, knock down price. Reading on completion of sale would, presumably, be downgraded to a cat 4 academy or have no academy at all and lose millions of pounds in FA funding. There should be lots of highly promising young Reading players up for grab at the end of this season.
Merely relaying an observation posted on TFF (albeit by a Cheltenham fan! - someone else with a relegatory axe to grind)
Just read over on the other site that the Wycombe owner is buying it to allow the value of Reading to drop and put through a sale. He will then look to sell it back to Reading at the same price - or with a small mark up
If this has any substance (which I doubt!!!) would be TRULY dodgy.

DaveE

Here's the latest story.

andrew p long

Here's the latest story.
I wish they wouldn't put the words 'Reading' and 'sanctions' in the same headline on a day when Reading aren't getting a points deduction....

Grecian Max

Scummy from Wycombe

If that was Torquay or Argyle I wouldn't want us to do that

I know people will say they're taking an opportunity but they're partaking in blatant asset stripping

Not what football is about, for me - especially lower leagues