• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lee Skyrme to replace Tisdale?

Taz

Just a thought, however if we want to alleviate all of our problems without any expense; why not put Tis on gardening leave (whilst serving notice) and get Lee Skryme (our U18 coach) who has had so much success over the last few seasons in to replace him? Okay we may have to 'up' Lee's salary a bit... but with the success he has bought the youngsters and hopefully utilizing those skills and tactics (usually a 3-5-2 attacking approach) keeping us in the Football league would warrant his increase?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just a thought, however if we want to alleviate all of our problems without any expense; why not put Tis on gardening leave (whilst serving notice) and get Lee Skryme (our U18 coach) who has had so much success over the last few seasons in to replace him? Okay we may have to 'up' Lee's salary a bit... but with the success he has bought the youngsters and hopefully utilizing those skills and tactics (usually a 3-5-2 attacking approach) keeping us in the Football league would warrant his increase?
Lee's only been at the club for a year so, good as he may be, don't think you can attribute the successes of 'the last few seasons' entirely to him.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
The man who could and would of been ideal for the job is now in charge at Tranmere - he looked after those under 21's brilliantly and was class act on the field too.

He knew the club, knew the staff, knew the players and would of known the best youngsters to introduce into the first team from that Under 21 side.

Taz

Lee's only been at the club for a year so, good as he may be, don't think you can attribute the successes of 'the last few seasons' entirely to him.
Maybe not; however his tactics are those that lend themselves to exciting football... and he has had the right results here. I'm just trying to think 'outside the box' on a cost effective way of clearing out Tis and bringing exciting football back to the park!

Taz

The man who could and would of been ideal for the job is now in charge at Tranmere.
Yeap, however gone and out of the equation... as I said I'm looking at costs and working with what we have at our disposal already.

CREDYGRECIAN

Matt Oakley player manager ?

Taz

Zero experience is just to risky wouldn't you say? At least with Lee he has experience of management and a winning record...

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Entirely hypothetically, how about Kwame? Would have worked with many of the youngsters in or around the 1st team during his time as a youth coach and has broadened his horizons with a two or three years in the Arsenal youth set-up.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
The man who could and would of been ideal for the job is now in charge at Tranmere - he looked after those under 21's brilliantly and was class act on the field too.

He knew the club, knew the staff, knew the players and would of known the best youngsters to introduce into the first team from that Under 21 side.
I appreciate it's probably sacrilege to say this and I may be entirely wrong but was Rob Edwards really all that integral to the U21s or did he just assume responsibility for the U21 Premier League Cup ties with the intention of making the youngsters feel more closely aligned with the 1st team? I would wager it was probably the latter.

CREDYGRECIAN

Fair shout, would I leave a job at Arsenal for Exeter though? Nope.