• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Leyton Orient v Exeter City Matchday thread 14/08/2021 3pm KO

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why do we get so many injuries so early in the season.?

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I told you!
Spot the virgin

herts_bantam

With Sparkes (obviously with a broken collar bone) and Nige being out for some time. We've all said we need more faces in and we're going to get them as Taylor has been backed into a corner where he has absolutely no other option.
Is that code for National League here we come?

herts_bantam

Spot the virgin
Scores on the doors please?

geoffwp

We lose and suddenly Memphis and his crew are over the board like a fekkin rash. Not that I'd expect anything else.

dontpassback

Is that code for National League here we come?
I don’t think we need your valued input on city,thanks !

geoffwp

Scores on the doors please?
If you want to come on to wows and discuss from our perspective then fine. If you just want to crow and pi$$ take, then you should be on the banter board where you can be ignored.

raleighnc

I actually am worried that MT is one of the reasons we are not attracting quality players to the club. He was a great defender in his day but that doesn't make him a good manager.

His man management and public commentary has been so poor over the past few seasons.

Contrast against Tisdale who was often cited by players as one of the reasons they joined/stayed at ECFC. You may not have liked Tisdale but he was a good man manager of nothing else.
I think there’s a lot of truth in your first paragraph. Taylor comes across as a little humourless, cold fish even, and seems unable to accept or respond to challenge. This coupled with his willingness to criticise players rather than accept culpability himself does not endear him to anybody. These traits may be fine were he a manager with a track record of success but not if you’re a rookie. It does all add up to senior players wanting out, talented youngsters leaving at the first opportunity without making much of a first team contribution and failure to attract the talent needed to challenge for promotion.

Preparation for the season also needs to be reviewed. The usual round of games against south western lower league outfits, two of which we managed to lose supposedly gets us physically fit but in no way league 2 match fit. Indeed there was no coherence in team selection or playing style during this critical period. It the way it’s always been, it doesn’t work and a major shake up is needed. Sometimes I think that appointing a manager and coaching staff with ECFC backgrounds works against a situation where new thinking and approaches are needed.

grecIAN Harris

Oh bugger off Ian, I started watching City in 1995, I'm fully aware of how bad we can be - much worse than you had to "put up with" in the 80s.... you're even lucky enough to have seen a title winning team, which you bang on about all the time
Not even close, 83/84 the aforementioned Gerry Francis season 6 wins, 33 points (I wouldn't be surprised if that's close to our lowest ever tally) bottom of the table, relegated and out in the first round of both cups. 84/85 18th in Division 4, 85/86 in the re-election zone. 86/87, didn't win away all season and drew 23 games (although we did only lose twice at home) and out of both cups in the first round. 87/88, third from bottom and out of both cups in the first round. 88/89 Terry Cooper arrived and even then we were still knocked out of both cups in the first round with that horrific 2-1 defeat at Bognor Regis being one of them. You know what happened the following season........... ;)

Red red

Personally thought at times we played ok but shot ourselves in foot awful defending for first two goals put us under pressure and then that awful penalty by Jay summed up day maybe Grounds being suspended will be a blessing