• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Leyton Orient v Exeter City Matchday thread 14/08/2021 3pm KO

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well this is not what was expected. Poor recruitment resulting in having to borrow a striker despite spending a six figure sum on unnecessary ground improvements. People saying that Orient are 'much fancied' this season but we are the club with a fantastic academy that have repeatedly made the League 2 play-offs over the past five-odd seasons, so are we not able to be 'much fancied'?

Taylor was in the right place at the right time but he needs to show his mettle this season, its his team now.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thank God I had to wash my hair!
If only I had hair to wash

rooecfc

If he's bluntly honest about it, he'll still get slaughtered on here.
True, but he does make a rod for his own back with some of his decisions

Pete Martin (CTID)

Barrow winning 3-2 against the monkey hangers......

onemansview

My home is Chesterfield but my heart is in Tokyo
If only I had hair to wash
I don't have much myself but I like to keep it tidy!

Grecian Max

This is inept. God make it end.

Grecian Max

Huge amount of work to do, I still believe 3 signings minimum of serious quality to be anywhere near promotion this season - MT should be given until Xmas but i really hope the board have what it takes to act if and when it goes toxic.

C j phill

One of the worst performances in years.

Failed recruitment policy has meant not only very few game changers but very few half decent players for any depth.

Formation and tactics is a shambles.

I wanted MT gone after last seasons capitulation and I'm not far off thinking this now, we are miles off.
I'll still give him to the end of the season, to make a judgement, but if we dont get to the play-off finals, at the very least, given Matt Taylor's pre season comments about marquee signings/game changers, budget provision and injured player signings (Stubbs), I will consider that he's failed, and a management change will be required.

However, whatever I and others think will be immaterial. I suspect that the management team are highly regarded by the Club Board, do not have onerous targets for season end position outcome and are unlikely to be judged by the Club Board using my measure.

iscalad

6 more minutes to suffer

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Come on ref let us go home