• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Leyton Orient vs Exeter City FC Matchday Thread

orangeshark

That really wasn't the result we were hoping for - sounds like Troy had a few moments of extreme clumsiness, to put it mildly... I think somehow the massive feeling of optimism leading up to the game ultimately didn't help. Now we're rubbish again we must surely get a result against Scunny next week.

dommers

Last week we attacked with pace and directness. Sounds like we we slow and sluggish today. Any coincidence that Nobel was out last week, in this week?
Or that we were home last week and away this?

denzil

Hell all that good work of the last few games and all that new found optimism (on my part) evaporates in a puff of smoke. I just hope we prove again that we're a better team in the second half of the season, if not.................

denzil

Can someone post Tis' interview and give the gist of his comments ? Thanks

eurogrecian

Very scrappy match. Two poor teams. City didn't deserve to win but 3-0 flattered them more than a bit.
First pen was very harsh, second one Troy wrestled the guy to the floor.
/ood job City fans turned up, the place was like funeral parlour.
Onwards.
/

hardi2b

These players are not devoid of tallent or enthusiasm, they are playing a restrained or overly controlled game they should imo be let loose and given as much rein as they like, encouraged to play more aggressively in order to prevent the opposition time to settle also play with the credo attack is the best form of defence. From what I can gather it would seem the team was ill prepared and poorly coached. A result of micro - managing.

Roy Hodgson

Wtf Troy? At fault for all 3 I think, really not sure what happened for the first penanlty.

Good turnout by the seige army. Went quiet when we went 3-0 down. Fair enough though. Time to drown our sorrows!

M Earl

Who is Nobel? Do you mean the guy who invented dynamite?

Last edited:

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Very scrappy match. Two poor teams. City didn't deserve to win but 3-0 flattered them more than a bit.
First pen was very harsh, second one Troy wrestled the guy to the floor.
/ood job City fans turned up, the place was like funeral parlour.
Onwards.
/
"Because we played so well in the last game, I decided to change things around a bit. I remembered to play wingers, but this time I forgot we need to have somebody on the end of things to put the ball in the net. Don't worry, next week I'll drop the wingers and play a guy who can get on the end of the wingers crosses. Smart, eh? I also decided to slow our game down a bit, cos fast is for fools. Overall, I'm pleased with our performance and with the team and tactics we used after my detailed study of the opposition during the week"

tom5984

"Because we played so well in the last game, I decided to change things around a bit. I remembered to play wingers, but this time I forgot we need to have somebody on the end of things to put the ball in the net. Don't worry, next week I'll drop the wingers and play a guy who can get on the end of the wingers crosses. Smart, eh? I also decided to slow our game down a bit, cos fast is for fools. Overall, I'm pleased with our performance and with the team and tactics we used after my detailed study of the opposition during the week"
Haha quality.