• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lincoln away line up

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
For me,

Pym
Sweeney
JMT
Storey
Moxey
Tillson
Wilson
Boateng
Taylor
Edwards
Stockley

Subs
Jones
Woodman
James
Harley
Simpson
Mcalinden
Jay

Don't think this will be the side mind, wouldn't surprise me if Harley, James and Simpson all start instead.

Would set up with Tillson defensive midfield in front of the back four, find a space for Wilson as he has energy and ability to get forwards. Taylor and Edwards both able to get forwards and support Stockley when we have the ball in their half, plus Edwards running at them gives them a potential problem.

After brown warming up at Stevenage I wonder in addition if there is any chance he might be a surprise inclusion, maybe on the bench?

We need to be as positive as possible while remaining solid at the back, the longer we go without conceding the better it is for us and I expect Tisdale to be happy keeping it tight for the first hour at least but don't want to see us simply sitting deep and playing long balls to stockley as with lincoln's style and noisy full house we could invite a lot of pressure.

Last edited:

Steve H

Only change I would make is moving Edwards to the bench and having another midfielder... his performance yesterday wasn't good so maybe an impact sub is his better role

IndoMike

For me,

Pym
Sweeney
JMT
Storey or Moxey
Moxey or Woodman
Tillson or TAH
Wilson
Boateng
Taylor
Harley
Stockley

Subs
Whoever is left

Avening Posse

I think we will keep it tight up there and look for a narrow win but be happy with a draw

Pym
Sweeney Storey JMT Moxey
Taylor Boateng Harley Tilson Edwards
Stockley

Tilson in front of the 4, Taylor and Edwards wide

LDNGrecian

Edwards shouldn’t start. He’s not yet reliable enough defensively or in his final delivery/decision. Much prefer Jay or Simpson supporting Stockley as they make the right decisions often than not.

Pym

Wilson
Sweeney
JMT
Woodman

Taylor
Boateng
Tillson
Harley

Jay
Stockley

Subs:
Jones
Moxey
TAH
James
Edwards
Simmo
Brunt/McAlinden

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think the Lincoln away game is one where having 2 DMs, one of who can drop back to make a 3 when we are attacking, would be the right (and unexpected) tactic. Assuming Brown is still unfit,

Pym
Sweeney Storey JMT Woodman
TAH Tillson
Taylor Boateng Moxey
Stockley