• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lincoln City v Exeter City Matchday Thread

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Haven't started one of these for many a long year, so here goes!

A winnable game I feel.

UTC

contrabombarde

Nice one Pete, I hope your touch will bring us something positive today. I have a good feeling and hope to bring back at least one point. UTC.

STURTZ

Blimey, Pete's started a MDT!

Suspect Sinisalo is looking at this and quivering.
Well done Pete and let's hope it's one in the eye for the knockers!;)
Come on you reds!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I wish I could be there, it seems an age since I saw us play, but engineering works on the railways has stifled that one.

A winnable game indeed, especially as we have a good strength squad available.

Preview

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I still think we're embroiled in the relegation scrap and we are as fragile as ever we have been since September. Let in one and we could easily concede another three or four. However we are capable of battling out a draw so I would like to see Woods in front of the defence in place of Carroll to give us the best chance of getting something today.

I say again, away draws are good in the relegation battle.

Red Devon

I still think we're embroiled in the relegation scrap and we are as fragile as ever we have been since September. Let in one and we could easily concede another three or four. However we are capable of battling out a draw so I would like to see Woods in front of the defence in place of Carroll to give us the best chance of getting something today.

Just need to keep ticking over now get stuck on 39 points for three or four games and things would feel very very uncomfortable again

elginCity

City learned a lot from the Derby game, apparently. The Guru of Glovesmanship is on the case - 0-0 inbound.

Avening Posse

I need to ignore the form of others, I noticed Lincoln haven't lost in their last 6 games, but I'm not sure it means diddly. We are more than capable of winning this one but I will definitely be okay with a point UTC

StudentGrecian

I need to ignore the form of others, I noticed Lincoln haven't lost in their last 6 games, but I'm not sure it means diddly. We are more than capable of winning this one but I will definitely be okay with a point UTC
Managers also like to ignore it until they lose, then they wax lyrical about someone like Blackpool being a champions league team at home and we're lucky to share the pitch with them.

I think we'll do alright today, bring back a point and on to the next.

Last edited:

StudentGrecian

They are to most, not when you're as bad a home as us though :LOL: No I'd be happy to take a point today, we've put ourselves in a good position and just need the points to keeping ticking along now.