• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that amuse you

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
He seems fine when he's away from a football field. Don't mind passion, me, but he goes way beyond the pale. Truly dreadful some of the stuff he gets up to. Last season versus Wolves still fresh in the memory!
Yep, I know he loses it a bit sometimes, but footie is also entertainment and one way or another he provides it. Just a question of personal taste.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
That Gary Numan is 13 days older than Gary Oldman.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Crap addresses. A friend of mine was born in Metal Street, Splott. Neighbouring streets are Tin Street, Zinc Street and Iron Street. Splott, in Cardiff has gone upmarket since he lived there and apparently the posher types living there now pronounce it as Sploh.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Seeing a BBC website headline "Queen looks to 'new partnership' with Europe" and immediately thinking that Brian May and co were adding "The Final Countdown" to their set.

elginCity

The thought of numerous reporters and news readers this past week having cold sweats practising the surname of LCFC’s owner. RIP.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
There's a lovely Italian deli place opposite the trading estate housing my new employer, and I was in there today picking up my lunch - it was quite busy, with three or four other people also stood around. One was a bloke on his phone, stood neither by the counter nor by the till, with his dog waiting in the doorway. I picked up my chicken escalope panini, and as I did so he turned on his heels, said "Forget it" and walked out. The bloke behind the counter asked what was wrong and he said "I'm being ignored". The fact he was on his phone throughout and made no attempt to approach the counter to place an order had nothing to do with it, obviously. One of the other customers said he'd seen him around and he was clearly a bit precious.

Stelios

I still find it odd/unusual that people are on their phones in supermarket queues etc or whilst being served in a shop. I know I shouldn't and I know it's just part of everyday life but I still think they should wait until they're outside the shop.

elginCity

A reporter banned by a ***** grabber for 'absolutely unacceptable behaviour'. (rofl)

Antony Moxey

Posters that automatically assume you'll have a blind clue what they're on about when they post something random. (rofl)

Antony Moxey

There's a lovely Italian deli place opposite the trading estate housing my new employer, and I was in there today picking up my lunch - it was quite busy, with three or four other people also stood around. One was a bloke on his phone, stood neither by the counter nor by the till, with his dog waiting in the doorway. I picked up my chicken escalope panini, and as I did so he turned on his heels, said "Forget it" and walked out. The bloke behind the counter asked what was wrong and he said "I'm being ignored". The fact he was on his phone throughout and made no attempt to approach the counter to place an order had nothing to do with it, obviously. One of the other customers said he'd seen him around and he was clearly a bit precious.
If he'd turned on his heels and walked out, how did he have a conversation with the bloke behind the counter? did he follow him out the shop or something?