• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
An interesting debate re "chipotle"
Should it be "sybillant" or "glottal"
But down yer in the West
Where cob walls are the best
I'd prefer just to daub it like wattle.

Oldsmobile-88

TV reporters shouting questions at politicians as they are about to go into buildings..They never answer..

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
TV reporters shouting questions at politicians as they are about to go into buildings..They never answer..
Good one Olds. They know they won't get a response but it looks good on the TV news. it's bone idle, lazy, crap journalism.

Oldsmobile-88

Good one Olds. They know they won't get a response but it looks good on the TV news. it's bone idle, lazy, crap journalism.
The worst is at Downing St & outside Corbyns house in Islington.
I think the idea of the inane shouting of questions came from the USA news networks.

Red Devon

Cheap Lawn mowers that won’t start after four and half months in the shed over the winter...my old Honda used to start three pulls max after wintering before it suddenly packed up on me after 20 years of work a couple years ago😌 Yesterday my cheap qualcast that I got from Homebase as a replacement just wouldn’t have it...25 minutes and a wrecked shoulder later including three separate sessions at trying to get it started it finally fired up any more problems and it’ll be going in the skip.

Oldsmobile-88

^^^
Takes me back.
My dad had a wonderful Suffolk Colt 2,stroke lawnmower.Used from the early 1970s well into the 2000s..My job every Sunday until I had my own house...He eventually brought a electric mower.Not a patch on the old petrol one for quality of cut.

elginCity

Where’s Mick Brownstone when you need him ?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
The worst is at Downing St & outside Corbyns house in Islington.
I think the idea of the inane shouting of questions came from the USA news networks.
I reckon Devonlive, Kellow's, the telly people et al should get on this as they're missing a trick here. They should wait in a huddle outside the player's entrance and pounce when the chaps are leaving, yelling questions that they know will never get answered.
"It's been raining for a month and the pitch is muddy. Are you up to the job Clive ?"
"Did you MEAN to balloon that one over the bar from inside the six yard box Ryan ?"
"Are you happy selling our children for money Mr Tagg ?"
"We're fourth now, are you going to RESIGN Matt ?"

Liven up dull media reporting I say.

IndoMike

Are you annoyed at the politicians for not replying or at the press's for shouting questions or at both? This needs clarification.

Oldsmobile-88

Are you annoyed at the politicians for not replying or at the press's for shouting questions or at both? This needs clarification.
Press shouting questions...