• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Loan watch 2023/24

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm only making assumptions but I assumed the loan rather than signing him outright in Janaury was to give them a chance to see if they would offer JS the new contract at the point we will be releasing him.
The other "school of thought" was that the loan is a device whereby Scott maintains his existing pay level for the time being, for the remainder of his contract with us, by virtue of us topping up his pay ?

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
The other "school of thought" was that the loan is a device whereby Scott maintains his existing pay level for the time being, for the remainder of his contract with us, by virtue of us topping up his pay ?
I'm sure that is the case but i wa responding to Tom's question on Do St Mirren have a signed contract with Scott for next season

andrew p long

I'm sure that is the case but i wa responding to Tom's question on Do St Mirren have a signed contract with Scott for next season

St Mirren's wording is surprisingly definitive 'joins permanently in the summer on a 2 year deal' - it does read as if there is already an enforceable agreement in place for the 2 years from the summer.

Number13

St Mirren's wording is surprisingly definitive 'joins permanently in the summer on a 2 year deal' - it does read as if there is already an enforceable agreement in place for the 2 years from the summer.
Which, if true, they are deeply regretting. He really must have the best agent going!!!!

denzel

Which, if true, they are deeply regretting. He really must have the best agent going!!!!
Perhaps they are already thinking of sending him out on loan..

denzel

Scott on the bench again. Though they have 9 subs so not really a guarantee to get on..

Bridgy 81

Scott on the bench again. Though they have 9 subs so not really a guarantee to get on..
FIFA President Gianni Infantino is at St Mirren’s match today as well!

denzel

Scott doesn't get on despite St Mirren trailing from the first minute

DawlishBouy

Saturday 2nd March
Gosport Borough
1 Beaconsfield Town 2
Pedro Borges on as sub 21st minute.

Mousehole 1 Wimborne Town 3
Mitch Beardmore starts.

Plymouth Parkway v Salisbury postponed
Harrison King
Harry Lee

Sholing v Dorchester Town postponed
Ed James

Swindon Supermarine 2 Tiverton Town 0
Stanford Daniels not in squad.

Tavistock AFC v Bristol Manor Farm postponed
Alfie Cunningham

St Mirren 2 Aberdeen 1
James Scott is an unused sub.

Colesman Ballz

Scott doesn't get on despite St Mirren trailing from the first minute
St Mirren put on a late show for the watching FIFA president winning 2-1 with 90+6 & 90+7 goals. Scott unused !