• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Luke O'Brien of Bradford City signing next week?

Number13

So is Golbs now our left winger in a 4-4-2?
Need to dump Billy but no idea why we even bothtered signing him back.
Always curious why a player cant get in a sh1t L2 side will be a signing for a L1 side.
Surely if he was that good, he would have gone to a northern side?
Still in Tis we must trust.
But if there is anymore budget, a forward player please

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
So is Golbs now our left winger in a 4-4-2?
Need to dump Billy but no idea why we even bothtered signing him back.
Always curious why a player cant get in a sh1t L2 side will be a signing for a L1 side.
Surely if he was that good, he would have gone to a northern side?
Still in Tis we must trust.
But if there is anymore budget, a forward player please
Same Question couldve been asked with regards to Ryan Taylor.

Sometimes good players just dont fit into other people ideas and plans.

But as said we shall see with regards to A/ Whether he signs. B/ If he does, then we shall see how he does

Bolton Bantam

You couldn't be more wrong. He is an exciting, attacking FB who can play wide midfield too. He gets to the byline more often than most wingers do. If you asked any sane Bradford fan, pre-season, who could play at a higher level they'd have chosen Luke.

Phil Parkinson likes a flat back four, now listen up, I am telling you the truth here, in general play (not corners and free kicks) our full backs have not crossed the half way line since last October! Honestly it's true and has to be seen to be believed. It is desperately negative and all the best things about Lukes game are when he is attacking, he has no future under PP's preferred system, dismal, negative, eke out-a-result stylie.

We thought he was going to Preston, good luck to him, if you want an exciting FB who can get to the line and get crosses in, he's your man, if you want him to win every ball in the air, you'll be disappointed, I don't know why though, Danny Alves doesn't either..........;)
Sorry, but that's is a load of rubbish. If any of our players could have been chosen to play at a higher level over summer it would have been Syers.

But back to O'Brien, each of our last 3 managers; Peter Taylor, Peter Jackson and Phil Parkinson have all bombed OB out as soon as they arrived at the club. Taylor signed a new left back within 24 hours of being at BCFC, Jacko bombed him out for Threlfall who he wanted rid of and as has been said already PP prefers a centre back to him.

If it goes through, I wish OB all the best, he's a nice lad, but a poor, poor left back. Since he won our POTY in 08/09 he has not kicked on one bit. He is always caught out positionally, is often targeted with high balls. Admittedly he does have some pace and has the knack of being able to get past people, but not much else.

And I used to really rate the lad, thought he was something special but he just hasn't developed.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
A left back that 'fud don't want, the excitement is overwhelming.

LOG

thought he was something special but he just hasn't developed.
It's ok, we have a development coach :$

dommers

Have we actually signed him yet?

Pete Martin (CTID)

if we should sign anyone it should be Barnet's Izale McLeod, he has scored 15 goals this season and his contract runs out at the end of june! Would make sense as we have got one of the worst goal rates in league one!
Ummm.....didn't we sign Offline from Barnet after he had scored 15 goals in one season?

No comment! ;)

mole221

So, who wants to start the Billy Jones to Plym*ff rumour?

i think if we sign him tisdale will turn him into the player he was 08/09 season but tbh i would deffo rather a midfielder, we dont need another defender!

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
Have asked ECFC to confirm or deny this. I don't know if they comment on transfer rumours so we'll see