• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Manager Thread..Appointments & Dismissals

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Strange one this but Bayern must see something in him.
Shirley a step too high too soon :unsure:

Reactions: DB9

grecIAN Harris

Strange one this but Bayern must see something in him.
Like a lot of appointments, style. Vinnie tries to play the right way but didn't have the quality of player to be successful. Give him the quality of player and who knows? Maybe that's what Bayern are seeing prepared to bet on.🤔

dontpassback

I agree with most of this. The sample size and context means he could be either good or bad.

As an outsider, I thought he did a good job at Derby - as you suggest; but hard to judge him, as it wasn't a normal job given the financial context when he was in charge there.

I don't know enough about his tenure in the MLS - or the quality of the team he managed/the league, but his 'mutual consent' there came three days before he rocked up at Brum; so presumably there was, at least, mutual convenience there.

The latter move was widely derided as a stupid appointment at the time - and it looked like it was set up for him to fail there given Eustace had them doing well.

Assuming they've gone through their usual process his mooted appointment at Argyle doesn't seem massively different to them appointing a highly-rated coach with no previous managerial experience risk-wise. He could be another Schumacher, or could be another Foster.
Chimes the reason he did reasonably well at derby was more down to rosenior than rooney

dontpassback

Like a lot of appointments, style. Vinnie tries to play the right way but didn't have the quality of player to be successful. Give him the quality of player and who knows? Maybe that's what Bayern are seeing prepared to bet on.🤔
He also speaks German,which may confuse Harry Kane 😀😀

grecIAN Harris

Chimes the reason he did reasonably well at derby was more down to rosenior than rooney
That sounds similar to something I said to Rosencrantz on Saturday.

fred binneys head

It's 100% this, plus the fact that the youngsters looked up to him and tried hard as a result. I could write more about Rooney as I know someone who used to work with him, but I won't. I imagine the off licences in Plymouth will be happy and the women less so, but that's just a guess on my part, complete conjecture.

sign of the chimes

Yeah, I've seen that posted in a few places since I made my original comment. I thought Rosenior was unfortunate to be replaced with Warne when the Derby owner made the decision; and even more unlucky when he got the heave-ho after an impressive season in charge of Hull. I struggle a bit with these narratives sometimes, as they seem to come out quite a bit when someone leaves a club; though that's not to say it doesn't sound plausible in this case.

It's 100% this, plus the fact that the youngsters looked up to him and tried hard as a result. I could write more about Rooney as I know someone who used to work with him, but I won't. I imagine the off licences in Plymouth will be happy and the women less so, but that's just a guess on my part, complete conjecture.
Interesting to read that from someone with a bit of inside track, FBH.

My initial comments were partly triggered by social media in general. I'm sensing a general will for Rooney to fail , and I struggle with it a bit (and I don't mean on here, I'd expect ECFC fans to want whoever goes in there to be the worst fit ever).

What I can't fathom is why Hallett/Dewsnip would commit such an act of self-harm, if WR is as clueless as people seem to be suggesting? I know the Foster appointment turned out to be a bit of a binfire, but they made sound choices in appointing Lowe and Schumacher.

It's a properly fascinating appointment. All said and done, I'm hoping it's a pretty bad one as I need three teams to have a worse campain than mine next season.

DB9

Swindon Town have appointed former Lincoln City boss Mark Kennedy as their new head coach.

DB9

Vincent Company to Bayern Munich agreed in principle 🤔
Now confirmed.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah, I've seen that posted in a few places since I made my original comment. I thought Rosenior was unfortunate to be replaced with Warne when the Derby owner made the decision; and even more unlucky when he got the heave-ho after an impressive season in charge of Hull. I struggle a bit with these narratives sometimes, as they seem to come out quite a bit when someone leaves a club; though that's not to say it doesn't sound plausible in this case.

Interesting to read that from someone with a bit of inside track, FBH.

My initial comments were partly triggered by social media in general. I'm sensing a general will for Rooney to fail , and I struggle with it a bit (and I don't mean on here, I'd expect ECFC fans to want whoever goes in there to be the worst fit ever).

What I can't fathom is why Hallett/Dewsnip would commit such an act of self-harm, if WR is as clueless as people seem to be suggesting? I know the Foster appointment turned out to be a bit of a binfire, but they made sound choices in appointing Lowe and Schumacher.

It's a properly fascinating appointment. All said and done, I'm hoping it's a pretty bad one as I need three teams to have a worse campain than mine next season.
The one unknown with Rooney is what he's like building and developing his own squad because at Derby he had no money to spend and at Birmingham he was sacked before he got to a transfer window.