• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor Leaving? Has left!

tom_ecfc

Big Sam?

C j phill

I'll be interested to see how he gets on.

Tisdale, when clubs initially came in for him, was next best thing to sliced bread and at that stage, most supporters held him in the esteem that Matt Taylor currently holds but things quickly unravelled during his second season at MK Dons and thereafter. He wasnt as good as he and his acolytes thought he was.

I'm not drawing parallels between the two but if he goes, Matt Taylor will be under a much different pressure situation than he's faced as our manager.

Hopefully he'll do well through the remainder of his career and we appoint someone who manages to hold things together for the current season.

StudentGrecian

Wayne Carlisle?
Paul Warne took loads of his staff to Derby, I have a feeling we might lose a few to Rotherham as a result!

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wayne Carlisle?
Think he has already said he doesn't want it

Cowshed Grecian

Our U18’s manager? It’ll be someone in the club

haka

Sad news if true.

He knows he's probably taken ECFC as far as he can. Only problem is the same can be said for Rotherham. Fair chance we'll be meeting them in L1 soon.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'll be interested to see how he gets on.

Tisdale, when clubs initially came in for him, was next best thing to sliced bread and at that stage, most supporters held him in the esteem that Matt Taylor currently holds but things quickly unravelled during his second season at MK Dons and thereafter. He wasnt as good as he and his acolytes thought he was.

I'm not drawing parallels between the two but if he goes, Matt Taylor will be under a much different pressure situation than he's faced as our manager.

Hopefully he'll do well through the remainder of his career and we appoint someone who manages to hold things together for the current season.
Tisdale disappeared up his arse years before he left us. Taylor is leaving whilst his stock is high.

Skin him wayno is never a manager.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Everything in that interview is about goodbye
Agree 100% particularly when he was summarising his time and involvement with the Club. He will be missed for many reasons not least his openness and total honesty not necessarily characteristics that will find in the make up many managers.

He thoroughly deserves the opportunity to manage at a higher level and I really do hope that he will go on to have a hugely successful career.

chunkymorrinmunter

Not the right fit for Matt

Cowshed Grecian

Who replaces him though is what worries me deeply. It’s not like we would offer a job to a manager who already has a job.