• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor Leaving? Has left!

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nobody mention Sam Stubbs as next manager he does not have much to do on a Saturday lol
Don’t start everyone off Memphis.😉 I fear poor old Stubbs is fast becoming the new Ajose match time wise.I wonder what the new manager will make of it.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think Taylor will be gone by this afternoon.

It's a good opportunity for him and closer to his base in the north. It's the next step in club stature and size in his career and a chance to get championship experience with seemingly a reasonably patient board and fanbase

Whilst sad he is going, he's done such a fantastic job at city and really will leave us in a good position squad wise, financially and the new training facilities you'd think would be really helpful with recruitment of a new manager.

I've not seen any names linked yet and tbh haven't had enough time to think about that, but for giggles Tisdale is free and available 😉 (I do joke)

So thanks Matt. You've been amazing and deserve the opportunity to attain more money and test yourself at a higher level. You'll be welcome back anytime and will always get a cheer and clap of pure respect from me.

All the best at Rotherham and thank you.

ecfc2000

Surely Nicky Ajose is the man for the job??
Are you looking to be removed from exeweb? Smiley, winky emoji....

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not as scary as giving up our model to "go traditional" and find ourselves playing the likes of Wrexham, Chesterfield, Notts County, York City, Southend, Oldham, Scunthorpe, Torquay....

Yep, the traditional model works really well
Or we could find ourselves better able to compete with the likes of Wycombe, Portsmouth and Argyle all of whom appear to have successfully benefitted from external investment in recent years.

DB9

I think Taylor will be gone by this afternoon.

It's a good opportunity for him and closer to his base in the north. It's the next step in club stature and size in his career and a chance to get championship experience with seemingly a reasonably patient board and fanbase

Whilst sad he is going, he's done such a fantastic job at city and really will leave us in a good position squad wise, financially and the new training facilities you'd think would be really helpful with recruitment of a new manager.

I've not seen any names linked yet and tbh haven't had enough time to think about that, but for giggles Tisdale is free and available 😉 (I do joke)

So thanks Matt. You've been amazing and deserve the opportunity to attain more money and test yourself at a higher level. You'll be welcome back anytime and will always get a cheer and clap of pure respect from me.

All the best at Rotherham and thank you.
Off the field with the new training ground I'd agree whole heartely but financially? No I'm afraid if you look this is probably one of the main reasons he's considering this job, We have to be honest with ourselves, Whilst we're not desperate we can't compete, As said by MT's interviews during the transfer window.

DB9

Not as scary as giving up our model to "go traditional" and find ourselves playing the likes of Wrexham, Chesterfield, Notts County, York City, Southend, Oldham, Scunthorpe, Torquay....

Yep, the traditional model works really well
Genuine question, Did all of the above clubs move from a Trust model to private ownership which caused them to be where they are today? I really can't remember.

Red Devon

What about Scott Brown if Taylor goes he’s very well respected in the game and would be continuity

andrew p long

Of course I have no inside knowledge, but I would imagine it would take a mutual agreement from Villa to do this. He has just signed a contract with them.

Not sure if there is any reason why Villa would disrupt their youth set-up, even if it was the right thing for Dan Green and City.
Villa/Gerrard don't stand in the way of coaches moving on. In the summer Gerrard let his assistant manager Michael Beale leave to become QPR manager in the Championship. Far more disruption in that than just one of an army of coaches outside the first team set up (some fans blame Villa's poor start this season on Beale's departure)

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12625400/michael-beale-leaves-aston-villa-to-become-qpr-head-coach-on-three-year-deal

I'm with Tavy - Dan Green if he wants the job (and is prepared to change his surname!)

andrew p long

What about Scott Brown if Taylor goes he’s very well respected in the game and would be continuity
Scott Brown is/will be very good. But he's only been coaching for a season, so too early for him. Next time though...

Red Devon

Scott Brown is/will be very good. But he's only been coaching for a season, so too early for him. Next time though...
Could be in the right place at the right time though