• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - Opinions so far..

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I haven't understood why Tisdale has to have a Director of Football but we can do without one for a younger, inexperienced manager. He is clearly going to make mistakes with selection and player management and I think he could use some help. Not sure if Eric is giving him that.

Personally I'm not expecting anything above mid table.

Andy Holloway

10 games will take us to the end of September and it's reasonable for the fans to have an initial opinion of what we can expect from the season .You don't need to wait 10 months.
But as well by Nov/Dec time, when injuries and suspensions start to kick in, we'll have more idea as to the depth of our squad and how the smooth transition into the starting line-up goes.
I'm also starting to get a wee bit worried that we seem to be racking up too many yellow cards, too early in the season and some suspensions are going to hit us at the wrong time, not that any time is 'the right time'.
For example how many yellows has Taylor collected so far, 3 or 4 i think?

manc grecian

I don't remember him saying it would happen overnight

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we'd won yesterday we would be joint top.

IndoMike

I haven't understood why Tisdale has to have a Director of Football but we can do without one for a younger, inexperienced manager. He is clearly going to make mistakes with selection and player management and I think he could use some help. Not sure if Eric is giving him that.

We've got Ogbede as a result of the Eric connection.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster

Kinder has been at club for two months, give the bloke a chance.

We don't need a director of football, the defeat yesterday was nothing to do with that side of things.

Last edited:

dontpassback

This is football,ups and downs,matt has made a very good start and let’s face it there are a lot of games to play,I cant recall him saying we are going to win the league etc etc,there will be good results and bad ones and I like to think there will be more good than bad.he is yet to find the right team balance but it’s early days so let’s get behind him and Eric kinder etc and personally a top half finish would be a very good season.anything else would be a bonus,a dose of realism isn’t always a bad thing UTC

contrabombarde

If we'd won yesterday we would be joint top.
It’s the old Big IF though TPC ...if we’d won at Wembley we would be in division 1 and if I’d married someone with money I’d be a millionaire. Nice to dream though.:D

100milesaway

It’s the old Big IF though TPC ...if we’d won at Wembley we would be in division 1 and if I’d married someone with money I’d be a millionaire. Nice to dream though.:D
Haha!! Very good!

100milesaway

I’m not sure what a director of football does?