• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - sacked by Rotherham & employed by Bristol Rovers

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Up until very recently their support were pretty solidly behind him, I think he can keep them up but whether they give him time or not we shall see. Still a bit surprised he went there to be honest

andrew p long

IIRC He and Rotherham were very unlucky early in the season with two key decisions (a penalty and a sending off?) that the referees subsequently acknowledged were wrong. Those (subsequently officially acknowledged too be wrong) decisions cost Rotherham something like 3 points.

If those mistakes hadn't been made Rotherham would be three points and four places outside the relegation zone.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've read it back. I can't see much glee. I wanted him to do well, and he did last season to keep them up. But it's looking to be a bridge too far this season. Maybe they will stick with him as Rotherham as a club are punching above their weight in the Championship. L1 is more of a home for them.
Last season IMHO Matt Taylor Kept Rotherham up with a side which wouldn't have finished in the playoffs of league one last season. IT is some achievement, but Rotherham are in a really difficult position to just stay in the Championship. I Hope Taylor gets the time. The next two games are huge for him. I hope he win's both of them

dontpassback

He did well to keep them up last season,but this season there are quite a few sides who have got their act together,so hopefully he will keep them up but I think it will be a challenge

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wouldn’t think so, Rotherham don’t seem trigger happy as a club. Still very early days where a win catapults you up about 3 or 4 places. I think, and hope, they’ll give him more time after keeping them up last year.

I love KMT me, seems to be a lot of glee on this thread.
Where's the glee?

KMT was universally loved, I think everyone's rooting for him. The fact is, it seemed like a slightly odd move because of how difficult it will be getting any success at Rotherham in the Championship. So far its playing out - he's signed up for a perennial relegation battle. The problem with those is you can't afford a bad season.

Big questions is whether Rotherham appointed him with one eye to a League One promotion push.

Grecian Max

Request to mods "Matt Taylor Man on a Mission to League 1"

logman

Up until very recently their support were pretty solidly behind him, I think he can keep them up but whether they give him time or not we shall see. Still a bit surprised he went there to be honest
Trebled his wages and a three and a half year contract, he would have to have been barmy to turn down what might be his only chance to earn some security for his family. His CV is strong enough at the moment to get another job even if he doesn't see out his contract at Rotherham.

STURTZ

Rotherham only seems s**t to soppy southerners. MT is a northerner.

Memphis09

IIRC He and Rotherham were very unlucky early in the season with two key decisions (a penalty and a sending off?) that the referees subsequently acknowledged were wrong. Those (subsequently officially acknowledged too be wrong) decisions cost Rotherham something like 3 points.

If those mistakes hadn't been made Rotherham would be three points and four places outside the relegation zone.
And if the ref had not given Oxford two pens and given us one for the push on Scott we would have had a point

arthur

Rotherham only seems s**t to soppy southerners. MT is a northerner.
....from Lancashire.