• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - sacked by Rotherham & employed by Bristol Rovers

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Taylor should be on the thought trains of many league one sides imho. I Would imagine that we would love to have him back, but right now Taylor needs to work elsewhere, coming back here would be a huge backwards step for him.

Just a shame that we are not seemingly removing Caldwell. I cannot fathom why we haven't removed him yet.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I believe that’s what the city board believe is the case about SGC - if we go down, he’s the man to bring us back. Therefore I don’t believe for a second that he will be sacked.
Genuinely doomed if this is the case

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yeah, exactly. Back to Exeter or an Exeter-equivalent club. He's had a little adventure up the leagues, got a load of money, exhausted Rotherham's nightclub and restaurant scene, and now he's back to where he was around 2021. Not to be pitied, in my opinion.
ECFC is not an established League 1 side.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Taylor should be on the thought trains of many league one sides imho. I Would imagine that we would love to have him back, but right now Taylor needs to work elsewhere, coming back here would be a huge backwards step for him.

Just a shame that we are not seemingly removing Caldwell. I cannot fathom why we haven't removed him yet.
Time always moves forwards, even if you do something you've done before or go somewhere you've been before. There's nothing more forward momentumy about going to a different club of a similar size to us. If he came to us it would be a forwards step in time. Whether it would be the best choice or not for him, I don't know. I don't think he'll have suitors from the top end of league one though. It'll be sides like us, Shrewsbury, etc. and maybe top half of league two.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
ECFC is not an established League 1 side.
Granted. And he had about 10 league one games as our manager after about 100 in league two. He'll get a job at a struggling league one club or ambitious league two side, IMO.

cullbaggie

Taylor stepped out of his comfort zone and you have to commend that! stepping back never goes well, so Keep moving and find your next challenge - its not here at City

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Taylor stepped out of his comfort zone and you have to commend that! stepping back never goes well, so Keep moving and find your next challenge - its not here at City
Voodoo

Grecianman135

Getting a "championship manager" job is easy, I've got a couple on the go.
👍😂

Grecianman135

To be honest I could see Taylor going to Scottish premiership and becoming the best thing since sliced bread up there ! or top league two side 👍

Leads

Taylor has a stint at Bradford City written all over him. I think they might even be managerless...