• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Millenic Alli is a Grecian!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I actually think he'll come good. He's got a lot to work on though.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fits the mould of exactly the type of signing we should be making. As others have said give him a full pre season, and after having a taste now of how he needs to adapt to a big step up from the NL. Also he should be fully settled in the area by the summer so I'm hopeful he will fulfill what GC saw in him. Some NL punts like Wheeler pay back good dividends other like Josh Coley don't but for me way too soon to judge

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Non-league can go either way.Alli is quite lucky to arrive at the club when he has because he isnt alone in his situation. Harper came from non league and has had a successful first season and of course there is Cole (developing into an excellent leader) who knows exactly how large the jump can be.Alli can learn a lot from those two.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Something about him today. Still a rawness but he looks like he has some power so if he can shoot and hold the ball as well I think he could be what we need

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
if he can shoot
Call me naive, but I thought that's what he's here for..

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Call me naive, but I thought that's what he's here for..
can I call you naive?

Ex-ciderrr

Plenty of time to work with him, good age, you can see glimpses for a player in him, and physically he is ready, still a big jump from VNL to L1 & I wasn’t expecting immediate fireworks, however continue building on his opportunities he gets and with coaching and exposure at the right time I feel he can be an important player.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Plenty of time to work with him, good age, you can see glimpses for a player in him, and physically he is ready, still a big jump from VNL to L1 & I wasn’t expecting immediate fireworks, however continue building on his opportunities he gets and with coaching and exposure at the right time I feel he can be an important player.
Totally agree. He was better yesterday and definitely made a nuisance of himself. It’s almost as though he’s trying a bit too hard to impress, but I’m sure a full preseason and we’ll see a much improved player.

We’ve also got to remember he’s being converted into a no.9 where he usuall played as a wide forward so not only is he coping with a huge step up in quality after being out injured, but learning a new position too.

With Cox injured he may get a start on Tuesday.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
With Cox injured he may get a start on Tuesday.
Better have some decent subs then, he’ll be knackered after 15 minutes.

He’s got something about him, for sure, but the boy needs a hard pre season.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Too early to judge but so far it's clear he needs a lot of work.