• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

MK Dons versus Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

Bridgy 81

Must've watched it 50 times now, I still don't see any contact with the ball by an MK player.
I wouldn’t worry about it either way.
The penalty was given, we scored it and we won.
Plus we were overdue some good fortune at Stadium MK.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't think its a prevalent view at all really just a few who have a voice and like to show it
Totally agree.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
The sort of pass I was refering to earlier to with fred. It's nothing spectacular and quite easy to go unnoticed but it is progressive.
Without it you go nowhere in football. Good basics done well.

fred binneys head

The sort of pass I was refering to earlier to with fred. It's nothing spectacular and quite easy to go unnoticed but it is progressive.
Agreed, he didn’t do many of them yesterday but that was a good ‘un.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Memphis09

I wouldn’t worry about it either way.
The penalty was given, we scored it and we won.
Plus we were overdue some good fortune at Stadium MK.
Last week at Pompey we should of had two pens as well

grecIAN Harris

Last week at Pompey we should of had two pens as well
It was only ever one, in the last minute on Jevani. Anybody who thinks the one on White was a foul needs their head read.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Harper deserves additional praise. I alongside many others have questioned his committment as to have played no minutes under the new manager seemed to indicate something was amiss? To therefore have played a significant part yesterday after not playing for months is laudable

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The ball into him from Rakeem is also want you want to be seeing from a midfielder. A progressive pass, at good pace, breaking the lines and giving Jev the opportunity to run at their defence. You want the opposition running back towards their own goal rather than playing in front of them. A quick decisive counter attack without the ball leaving the floor.
The problem is that as a team we are quite good at doing this away from home but struggle to do this at home when opposition teams are more likely to stick men behind the ball and let us have more possession.

Grecian Koala

Great result and long periods in the second half where we looked dominant (even without the ball). Not sure if anyone has covered this already but the radio Devon commentary on ifollow kept saying how great the ground was…. however the MK pitch looked rubbish! I’ve seen better pitches at Flowerpot - Another reminder of the progress our little club has made in recent times.