• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nelson Iseguan

Pobbop

The reference to “bulk up” shows how the game has changed. Alan Banks did not need to bulk up nor did Gordon Dale, Nelson Stiffle, Steve Neville, Jamie Cureton and many others.
I remember distinctly many of our young uns in the past being told to bulk up, didn't someone like Vinnicombe, Ling or Robson have Dewhurst supply him steaks for just that.

The people you mention were all pretty wiry too, wouldn't call any of them sleight, well the two I can remember.

anyway, on topic, but the guy in our squad, put Cox and Veale in too, we need an injection of something without Joel, don't care who drops out, but we're not exactly scintillating from the bench ATM.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I remember distinctly many of our young uns in the past being told to bulk up, didn't someone like Vinnicombe, Ling or Robson have Dewhurst supply him steaks for just that.

The people you mention were all pretty wiry too, wouldn't call any of them sleight, well the two I can remember.

anyway, on topic, but the guy in our squad, put Cox and Veale in too, we need an injection of something without Joel, don't care who drops out, but we're not exactly scintillating from the bench ATM.
I personally don't think he's ready to step up yet.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
The reference to “bulk up” shows how the game has changed. Alan Banks did not need to bulk up nor did Gordon Dale, Nelson Stiffle, Steve Neville, Jamie Cureton and many others.
Banks, and especially, Neville and Curo, were pretty barrel-chested and had upper body strength and low centre of gravity

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
nobody said Joel Randall needed beefing up and this lad is bigger than Joel!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's gone on loan to Tiverton for a month.

andrew p long

excellent news that he is now fit enough for this. Needs the game time and to get that sharpness back into his game.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good, this is exactly what he needs. If he's good enough he'll stand out like a sore thumb at Tivvy, if he's not it will become apparent pretty quickly.

andrew p long

(as reported by others on the loan thread) got his first senior goal for Tivvy this week.

Playing regularly and (I think) impressing. Getting a regular first team game at 18 (turns 19 next month) is very good (other 18 year olds out on loan are struggling to nail down a regular spot). Fingers crossed.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Scored a couple for Tiv today 👊

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Still a young lad is Nelson so next season playing at a higher level should give us a better gauge of how soon before he will be knocking on the door of the 1st team. Probably one for around 18 months time