• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Newport County vs Exeter City, Matchday Thread

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
What do we want? Home win, away win or a draw? Surely has to be a draw. We don't want Village Green pulling away again nor do we want Mansfield closing in.
I think I want Mansfield put out of their misery , they’re not losing much lately and their missing out on three points might just help us if we slip up in the odd game.As long as we finish in the autos I don’t care.

Yep pretty much a vegan and Salford supporter on tuesday.

Yet keep doing this lads and we can hopefully not have to worry about the sundries.
Surely if we are thinking of the Championship we want a Mansfield win on Tuesday

Matt Russell

Surely if we are thinking of the Championship we want a Mansfield win on Tuesday
Steady on, one at a time.

eurogrecian

Awesome in defence today. When we get our noses in front it’s going to take a good team to come back and Newport were mostly just shirt-pullers.
Really well placed now 😃

scottus86

I feel like our team want to win the league after that game today. The just push and fight and are relentless. 4 home games and 3 away. 3 very winnable home games, one tough one. 1 winnable away game, two extremely tough ones.

CC

Seminal away win!! 😀
Almost a semenal moment when Dieng scored, not gonna lie.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Grecian Max

Steady on, one at a time.
It’s a fair point though, for the first time in my City supporting time we could actually win a league…

The way I look at it is if Mansfield win Tuesday we’re still 2 points ahead, essentially 3 due to us having a much superior GD. To pull in FGR to 4 points same games played is huge! It would be on.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Did anyone else think that Collins was exceptional today? For me, one of his best games.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
The small road that turns left in the residential area seemed to have some trouble police running and police dogs going crazy! Then I saw they blocked the bridge having gone via the main bridge where "the pod" bar is ...
There were disgraceful scenes on the road to the footbridge. One guy got stamped on the head while down on the ground, he did get up groggy a bit later but was worried he might be badly hurt. 2 Policewomen assaulted. No idea who started it, but both sets of hotheads to blame.