• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

NFL 2022

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
More than happy with the Seahawks season and great to be proved wrong by them getting a wildcard spot just annoyed with the broncos win on the last weekend pushing thier 1st round pick (and therefore the Seahawks) down to no.5.
Hopefully the 49ers will get spanked by the eagles however would like to see the Bengals win the SB

I want the Eagles to win, I think the 49ers will.

I think Seahawks fans wouldn't have expected a top 10 pick after Wilson went so 5 is still very good.

sspetecarroll

Yeah speaking as a Seahawks fan I couldn't have asked for a better season. A top 5 pick is great and should help with getting some help on defense (sounds like a lot of football clubs these days too)

angelic upstart

Yeah speaking as a Seahawks fan I couldn't have asked for a better season. A top 5 pick is great and should help with getting some help on defense (sounds like a lot of football clubs these days too)
How's Shelby Harris been this year? I always thought he was solid.
I wasn't fussed by Noah Fant or Drew lock leaving mind.

Still probably the worst trade ever so far!

sspetecarroll

How's Shelby Harris been this year? I always thought he was solid.
I wasn't fussed by Noah Fant or Drew lock leaving mind.

Still probably the worst trade ever so far!
Shelby wasn't too bad. Had a couple of sacks but as a whole the Seattle defensive line was awful. they desperately need to draft a linebacker and a pass rusher.

Fant was really good IMO. He has good hands and runs some crisp routes, plus with Geno Smith actually hitting TE's he was a good weapon.

Antony Moxey

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Game tied, half a dozen seconds to go to OT, 60 yards from the end zone and you give up an unnecessary roughness penalty (and it was too, utterly, utterly stupid thing to do) to hand the opposition a winning field goal from 45 yards out. If I was the Bengals management I might be seriously considering showing him the door for effectively giving the win to the Chiefs.

Eagles looked good though, and tore apart a much depleted 49ers without really having to try too hard. Hard to see past them for Superbowl right now, regardless of whether Mahomes' ankle heals in time.

angelic upstart

Dark horses are the Eagles for me
Does falling at the final furlong class as being a dark horse?

I actually missed the Superbowl for the first time in years and watched the highlights a day or so later.

Is Mahomes the most looked after QB in history? In my view, he's very looked after by the refs.

tonykellowfan

Eagles were unlucky in the SB, played very well but couldn't get enough pressure on Mahomes.

QBs are much more protected now than in the past. I watch a lot of NFL and I don't see Mahomes treated any differently from other QBs.